Now getting double texts RAZR/MAXX VZW Update - Anyone Else?

Mikej7

Reaction score
After last weeks VZW update to the Razor/Maxx - Now with either GoSMS or ChompSMS, I am receiving two identical texts. If I delete 3rd party SMS app, no problems. This tells me that this has something to do with the update when using 3rd party apps for SMS.
Anyone else have this issue with the new update and a 3rd party SMS app?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been getting double. Texts from time to time since I got the maxx. I believe its a network issue. It doesn't happen that often for me. I'll be watching to see what you find out on this thread, could be interesting.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

Mikej7

Reaction score
I have even tried as some other forums say - remove 3rd party apps, clear cache, clear data, reboot, none of these work, I am still getting double text messages.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mikej7 said:
I have even tried as some other forums say - remove 3rd party apps, clear cache, clear data, reboot, none of these work, I am still getting double text messages.

I don't have any of those things on my phones and both of my maxx's and my bionic get duplicate text messages from time to time. So that's not it. Even happens in safe mode. So I have to guess network.

I could be wrong.... its happened before. Lol :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah my wife and I use GoSMS and the other day she was sending one message and I was getting it five times every once and awhile. It has sense stopped, but some times we do get double messages. Not sure if it is network or GoSMS, but I texted my friend on T-Mobile and he said he was getting double from me too the other night.

OP
M

Mikej7

Reaction score
Have you turned off the notifications in the stock app? Open the app then tap menu > settings > notifications and uncheck the notification box.

This post is Incredible 2!

Yes I have. It is not a double notification issue, it is a double text issue, however; yes, I have the stock notifications turned off.

Reaction score
I was having this happen to me since the update as well, I am using GO SMS PRO and I was getting about 5-10 of the same text from my friend, but only him. He has a iphone but I don't think that is the reason. It has gotten better the past week sometimes I only get 2 repeats now. I think GO SMS PRO needs to push out an update to fix it.

clintro

Reaction score
It happens, sometimes it is the other peoples phones as well.

Usually a re-boot on both ends helps if it is driving you crazy, sometimes it is network/location (ie. inside a concrete building)

If anything I have noticed a bit less since the update.

DocsDad

Reaction score
That would drive me nuts.. I am using Handcent and everything is fine (knock on wood)

Hope it gets worked out.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah happened to me again yesterday from my wife, I got about six of the same text she only sent once. I got another text from a guy three times for the same one and he does not use GoSMS and he is not on Verizon, so it is either the network or GoSMS.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sydman said:
Yeah happened to me again yesterday from my wife, I got about six of the same text she only sent once. I got another text from a guy three times for the same one and he does not use GoSMS and he is not on Verizon, so it is either the network or GoSMS.

I don't use GoSMS or any other app for SMS and it happens to me and my wife, on our razr maxx's and the bionic, so i believe its a network issue.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't use GoSMS or any other app for SMS and it happens to me and my wife, on our razr maxx's and the bionic, so i believe its a network issue.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Well it sucks that it happens, but makes me feel better knowing it is the network and not my phone.

clintro

Reaction score
Most of the time a re-boot will stop it for me. Power off / power on that is.

metalhead

Reaction score
I was using GoSms & loving it then started getting duplicate texts. Switched to Handscent and same thing. Uninstalled all 3rd party apps & still got duplicates with the stock app. Did the reboot thing 3 times and so far no more duplicates with the stock app. Haven't tried any of th 3 rd party apps since.