Now getting double texts RAZR/MAXX VZW Update - Anyone Else?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sydman said:
Well it sucks that it happens, but makes me feel better knowing it is the network and not my phone.

I hear ya there!!!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
M

Mikej7

Reaction score
Just tried the updated ChompSMS also, both Go SMS and ChompSMS give me double texts, when these are removed from the phone, the default texting works perfect. It just started with the VZW update, this update is not playing well with third party SMS apps on my phone. Decided just to wait for ICS, which might be here around the 21 of May - per the leaks.....

oldguy1958

Reaction score
I agree that it is linked to a network issue. It happens with GoSMS, Handsent, and ChompSMS. It seems to happen the least if you are just using the native app. I have discovered that it happens more often when the phone is switching between 3g and 4g. Rebooting will make the issue go a way for a while. It only seems to affect the 4G phones Verizon phones?

metalhead

Reaction score
When I had Go SMS loaded and started getting the duplicates I sent an email to the developers asking for a fix. I didn't get a response and was fed up with the duplicates, so uninstalled Go to try Handcent which I also uninstalled. Yesterday I got a response from Go with an update to download and try. I installed Go again and downloaded the update. So far the update seems to work, no more duplicates. Thanks Go!

ROLLTIDE1

Reaction score
If the text look like this VZWNMN: 1 2, etc then they are from Verizon's backup assistant and part of the new sync and connect service . You need to log into your account and Disable this feature. I feel like it's a huge security threat and not needed

OP
M

Mikej7

Reaction score
UPDATE - 5/10/12 - Yesterday's update to GO SMS Pro fixed the problem!! I downloaded it last night and I am now only getting 1 text!! Yaaa, thank you Go Team for fixing this!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I agree that it is linked to a network issue. It happens with GoSMS, Handsent, and ChompSMS. It seems to happen the least if you are just using the native app. I have discovered that it happens more often when the phone is switching between 3g and 4g. Rebooting will make the issue go a way for a while. It only seems to affect the 4G phones Verizon phones?

It is not just a 4G issue, as I have been receiving duplicate texts on my X2 for 3 months now. I was originally using Handcent and switched to GoSMS and the issue is still happening, though not as much lately. It is most definitely a network issue.

ROLLTIDE1

Reaction score
It is not just a 4G issue, as I have been receiving duplicate texts on my X2 for 3 months now. I was originally using Handcent and switched to GoSMS and the issue is still happening, though not as much lately. It is most definitely a network issue.

I have already explained where the texts are coming from and how to stop them and I had texting blocked on my line when I started receiving them

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have already explained where the texts are coming from and how to stop them and I had texting blocked on my line when I started receiving them

Your response was related to something different than what we are experiencing. I don't even use backup assistant and have it frozen with TiBu, so that is not a factor.