Nougat/voice to text issue

Luke611

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 10+
I'm enjoying Nougat, but have one issue now. Since the update, when I use voice to text, my corrections box is grey with black letters, making it very hard to read. Can someone help me fix this please?
9d49d11bf97b1a7fec4c68b6d9f5ee7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying Nougat, but have one issue now. Since the update, when I use voice to text, my corrections box is grey with black letters, making it very hard to read. Can someone help me fix this please?
9d49d11bf97b1a7fec4c68b6d9f5ee7d.jpg

My husband does voice to text a lot and has nougat. He doesn't get a grey box with black lettering like you do, his just writes the wrong word and he goes and mentally fixes it after he proofreads it. I do see your problem... Very hard to read for sure. I hope one of the other people has a solution for you... Perhaps TisMyDroid or Sajo can help, or might know who to refer you to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My Correction box doesn't look like that on my Z Force keyboard while voice typing. If your phone has / received the new GBoard keyboard app with Nougat it has a lot of themes. Maybe one of the built in themes has that style. I would try checking the different themes / color options in whatever keyboard is on your phone. Normally in Settings > Language & Input > Virtual Keyboard (or something similar).

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My Correction box doesn't look like that on my Z Force keyboard while voice typing. If your phone has / received the new GBoard keyboard app with Nougat it has a lot of themes. Maybe one of the built in themes has that style. I would try checking the different themes / color options in whatever keyboard is on your phone. Normally in Settings > Language & Input > Virtual Keyboard (or something similar).

Thanks Sajo for helping, I knew you'd have a suggestion

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well...You did "volunteer" me.

That's because you are always so knowledgeable. Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
Luke611

Luke611

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 10+
I use Smartkeyboard Pro, and I'm not seeing those choices.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You can get to the settings in Smart Keyboard by long pressing the 123 key, then select general settings to select different themes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk