Anyway to block text messages from specific numbers on Verizon S7's?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Hi, I have a negative tie with someone who will occasionally text me just to harass and piss me off and I wanna block his text messages. I did some research and it seems as if for whatever reason, the verizon s7 phone's sadly don't have this option? There has to be something I can do. I have trouble believing there's no way around this. I'm preferably looking for a method that won't need me to root my phone but worse comes to worse, I can probably do that too. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
if you are through verizon you can block them through verizon's website. im not sure if it blocks txt but it blocks calls from going to your phone

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
if you are through verizon you can block them through verizon's website. im not sure if it blocks txt but it blocks calls from going to your phone
Yea I saw sowmthing on the site and googled the question and it seems like there's no sure solution to the issue. It's 2016 and I find it hard to believe that there's no real way to do this -_-

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What about the Google Messenger app? It came pre installed on the Moto Z Series and seems to have a lot of options, like blocking specific phone numbers. I think it's free in the Play Store. Might be worth trying out?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What about the Google Messenger app? It came pre installed on the Moto Z Series and seems to have a lot of options, like blocking specific phone numbers. I think it's free in the Play Store. Might be worth trying out?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
78050c141fe479ce06ff805c657cbfd3.jpg

The Messenger App on my Nexus 6P, Just that easy! I have a few blocked.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
If you're using the default texting app, there should be a pretty simple way to blacklist them. On the main page, press and hold on the list of messages from that person, and one of the options should be to block or blacklist them. Alternatively, you may have to highlight the message list first and then press the settings button to display the option to block them. That's how it's set up on the 3rd party app that I use (Textra).

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
If you're using the default texting app, there should be a pretty simple way to blacklist them. On the main page, press and hold on the list of messages from that person, and one of the options should be to block or blacklist them. Alternatively, you may have to highlight the message list first and then press the settings button to display the option to block them. That's how it's set up on the 3rd party app that I use (Textra).
I know what you're referring to but for whatever reason the verizon models don't have that option.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I used to use a 3rd party app called Blacklist. That always worked well for me. I never got spam text messages though so don't know if it'll work for that.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I use Mr number to block spam. You can block text numbers too.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'd root my phone if that gave me an option to do it