blocking a number with verizon???

MycalS

Reaction score
Can someone help me...

i just logged on to the Verizon Website to block a number that keeps calling me, and when i went to block it, i saw this...

exclamation.gif

I am sorry we are unable to process your request at this time, you may try again later.

i was playing around with the website earlier today (around 8 pm) and i didnt see anything about not being able to block a number
so what gives???

is there a time limit to when i can and can not block a number? i went to block the number at 11 pm and i saw the warning thing.

and i do have other numbers already blocked and since seeing this, those numbers were gone. does this mean those numbers can call me?

super frustrated since the numbers i have blocked are harassing me and this is the last time i need...

please help?

OP
M

MycalS

Reaction score
that doesnt explain if the current numbers that are blocked...are truly blocked.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I get the same message when logged into my account. I just blocked one a couple weeks ago and like you wrote, the number doesn't appear in the list. I would assume that they are having trouble with the service or doing some maintenance. I think that you should call Verizon and report the harrassment. Hopefully, they can help you or at least give you an answer to when it may be working again.

I have no idea if your previously blocked numbers are still blocked. Again, this would be a question you should ask Verizon. Hope you get it resolved.

mamawm

Reaction score
it is my understanding that blocking a number thru verizon's website is only good for 30 days and then the block is removed.

rherron

Reaction score
It blocks the caller for 90 days. It shows you when the block expires, so that you can make a note of when to go in there and block it again. I had some automated phone dialer calling me with some message every day. I blocked it successfully on the Verizon website. I just logged in to my account to check and it's still there, blocked until March 21.

mamawm

Reaction score
It blocks the caller for 90 days. It shows you when the block expires, so that you can make a note of when to go in there and block it again. I had some automated phone dialer calling me with some message every day. I blocked it successfully on the Verizon website. I just logged in to my account to check and it's still there, blocked until March 21.
thanks for the correction. i knew the block wasn't permanent but couldn't remember how long it lasted. back in the summer i got a collect call from an unknown number. i didn't accept it but googled the number and found it was from a prison in louisiana.

rherron

Reaction score
thanks for the correction. i knew the block wasn't permanent but couldn't remember how long it lasted. back in the summer i got a collect call from an unknown number. i didn't accept it but googled the number and found it was from a prison in louisiana.

And you didn't want to make a new friend? :)

debrad0307

Reaction score
If Verizon still won't let you block a number you can try Mr. Number from the market. That's what I use and I have no complaints.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC