Blocking Unwanted Text Messages

peterdragon

Reaction score
Alright here is my problem. Apparently there is an app out there that allows people to send text messages saying random stuff, at all hours of the day/night, and it not be thier real number. I have gone to Verizon's website and blocked 5 different numbers from this person, yet I still keep getting these "Hey" texts and "I just want someone to talk to" text. This is getting really old and is pissing me off!!! I know it's the same person and the same phone sending all these texts, it's like they are sending from thier phone and making it seem like its coming from another number. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to stop it?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
didn't even know there was such an app on the market...

if this is one of your friends, they really need to grow up...

roach

Reaction score
Alright here is my problem. Apparently there is an app out there that allows people to send text messages saying random stuff, at all hours of the day/night, and it not be thier real number. I have gone to Verizon's website and blocked 5 different numbers from this person, yet I still keep getting these "Hey" texts and "I just want someone to talk to" text. This is getting really old and is pissing me off!!! I know it's the same person and the same phone sending all these texts, it's like they are sending from thier phone and making it seem like its coming from another number. Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to stop it?

Thanks for the help!
There are many spoofers out there.There is a way but it is a pain.

Caller ID Faker - Fake a call !.

Put this in wiki.> call someone using a different telephone number

mack19318

Reaction score
on verizons website you can send a text and make it from another number. there is also a spam site that i read about, that does the same thing and you can set the number of texts, how often to send and things that you want it to say.
what messaging app are you using? handcent allows you to black list numbers but the texts will still appear in your stock messaging app/