1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notifications: Sound to Vibrate to Sound ?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by downtime57, Sep 1, 2010.

1. downtime57

downtime57 New Member

Hello,

The only way I've found to switch the phone to/from Vibrate is go into Settings. Using the power button pop-up turns off everything (even if I've left both the Sound and Vibrate on in Settings).

Is there an easier way or an app/widget that will do this one-click (sort of) ?

Thanks,

Peter.
  2. LouS

LouS New Member

Ringo Lite will do this and you can put a short cut on your home screen. Plus it willl let you use different tones for texts from different contacts...
  3. BrendonSF

BrendonSF New Member

WidgetLocker does exactly this, and is an awesome app. Note that to keep it from going sound --> vibrate --> silent, you'll have to change the appropriate setting.
  4. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

If you turn the ringer volume all the way down it doesnt have a vibrate mode it goes to?
  5. downtime57

downtime57 New Member

Hi,

Well, that's the closest to what I was looking for. Although it still seems to take a little effort to make sure you stop just before it goes completely silent. But, you can then just bump it up one click and it goes into vibrate mode. Maybe I can do that while driving and not get myself killed :icon_eek:

re: Ringo Lite and WidgetLocker - too much functionality I think ? I'm really not interested in all that customization/power but was just looking for a quick, easy way to 'toggle' between Sound and Vibrate (without going into the Menu). Will either do that ?

Thanks for the help,

Peter.
  6. Nadious

Nadious New Member

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've noticed using the 2.2 leak, that my phone will not go the 'silent' anymore by turning the volume down. It did on 2.1, but in the 2.2 leak, it stops at Vibrate. Anyone else notice this?
  7. akates

akates New Member

You're correct, it only goes down to vibrate on 2.2. I use the SwitchPro widget to toggle between sound, vibrate, and silent. I also have it set up to control wifi, bluetooth, gps, brightness, and flashlight (until it stopped working in 2.2)
  8. cygnusloop

cygnusloop New Member

I use the free "Silent Toggle Widget" from the Marketplace. It gives me one icon sized button that toggles from sound to vibrate to silent. Works perfectly for me.
  9. downtime57

downtime57 New Member

Exactly what I was looking for !

Thanks very much,
  10. amojeba

amojeba New Member

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! It ALMOST works....

I set it to vibrate, but I get no vibrate notification for emails or text messages. It silences the sound. And it vibrates for calls.

Anyone else have this issue? On a Droid X, unrooted.
  11. igotgame

igotgame New Member

I am having the same issue. It's almost perfect...if it vibrated when text messages came through.
  12. bigeye

bigeye New Member

Eris issue

Droid Eris issue! I am on my fourth droid eris and still having an issue. If I power the phone off and turn it back on the ringer will go to silent by itself. I switch it back during the day and it will continue to switch back randomly. I am not running any aps except Google. Has anyone else had this issue?
  13. fellings

fellings New Member

I use Silent Mode OnOff free app from Marketplace. It is easy and works. It must be similar to the Silent Toggle Widget, which I have not tried.
  14. Shawn2774

Shawn2774 New Member

If you have the Beautiful Widgets app from the marketplace it has a vibrate widget that you can put on your homescreen. One touch and you are in vibrate, one more and you are back at your previous volume level.
  15. Technoman

Technoman New Member

You do know that you are in the forum area for the Droid X don't you? Not many here would be able to answer anything about the Eris.
Search tags for this page

app to verizon phone to switch from vibrate to sound notific

how to eliminate sounds on lga340 when using # to switch fro

how to get sound on on droid x how do i toggle between email

how to stop vibration notafications of emails on droid x

how to turn your volume down for ringo lite app

switch between sound and vibrate on razr