notification light??

bww143

Reaction score
I just read through the pro user manual that is posted on-line and can not find anything about a notification light. Anyone think there might be a solution for that in an app. or something?

OP
B

bww143

Reaction score
found it, I was looking for notification "light", and it is called "led" in the manual on page 2.

mrhenryb

Reaction score
would you mind posting a link for the manual I cant find the manual ..and yes i did search

Ranman448

Reaction score
How do you get the notification light to work for missed calls, voicemails and sms/mms messages?

The only thing it blinks for e-mail.

I see no settings anywhere to change options for it.

I've seen on the Driod incredible and others where you have this option right in the "settings" app.

Don't see it for the Droid Pro.

:icon_eek:

ravenhawk

Reaction score
How do you get the notification light to work for missed calls, voicemails and sms/mms messages?

The only thing it blinks for e-mail.

I see no settings anywhere to change options for it.

I've seen on the Driod incredible and others where you have this option right in the "settings" app.

Don't see it for the Droid Pro.

:icon_eek:

I don't know about missed calls or voicemails, but mine does blink green for sms/mms messages, and it blinks red for some other situations, i think for emails, forgetting what it was at the moment.

Ranman448

Reaction score
Ok, it appears that the notification LED only works when the screen is asleep and the phone is plugged into an AC adaptor or USB for charging.

That is ok, because that is when I want to see them. In the middle of the night when I want to be sure no one has tried to call for any emergency reasons I just want to be able to look at the phone without picking it up.

Would be nice though if they just worked all the time.

It is a very nice phone so far. I do not think I would have been happy with a non-motorola phone. Signal quality on this phone has been excellent in areas I know others have issues.

Well built. If it had been any other phone I probably would have returned it and went back to my Blackberry.

Also figured out how to get different notification sounds for my text-picture messages and e-mail accounts. The "messaging" app that came with it makes this possible.

Only one that does not work is Facebook notifications, but that is ok.

Blackberry still has Android beat in that category.

Was very shocked to see how different Android is on varying handsets....

Brownie87

Reaction score
LED for missed calls no longer working

For the last few days when i miss a call the green LED light no longer appears....i get notifications for texts, twitter, etc but not for missed calls anymore...anyone know why?? or how i can fix this