Keyboard Light Not Working

byoshi22

Reaction score
After updating my Droid Pro to Gingerbread I've noticed that my keyboard almost never lights up anymore which makes texting in the dark much harder. Is anyone else having this problem. And if so have you found a solution?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

google123

Reaction score
The backlight problem is a problem that came up with the earlier leaked GB update also. Apparently the bug hasn't been fixed in the new OTA GB update. Some people have noticed an improvement using the Keyboard Backlight control app: requires root.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.deskangel.kblight&feature=search_result

I tried it on my Pro with the leaked GB update from before and it worked for a bit but after a while, the keyboard kept shutting off at random times. It never bothered me much since pressing the power button always brought it right back up.

rbtnt

Reaction score
After gb install, my kb does not light up in total darkness. If there is a small amount of light, it lights up. I have seen this problem posted by others elsewhere.

jturner3988

Reaction score
Having the same issues.

OP
B

byoshi22

Reaction score
Google123 Thank you very much for posting the link. It solved my issue. Can't thank you enough!

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Ditto. Since this newest OTA Upgrade my keyboard light has a mind of it's own.
VERY FRUSTRATING! I have to tap the power button (turn screen off/on) to get the keyboard to light up again.

mbd4524

Reaction score
Same here. Battery life also sucks now (with extended battery).