Notification LED manufacturing glitch?

NaterGator

Reaction score
Being a longtime BB user I've grown accustomed to the obnoxiously bright notification/status light inherent on almost all RIM phones. I know the Droid has a multi-color notification LED in the top-right corner of the phone, but to my standards it's pretty dim... almost too dim.

However last night I was looking at my phone in a really dark room and noticed the flashing green of the LED was bleeding around the edge of the physical screen and almost bleeding through the dark "shroud" affixed to the bottom of the touch sensitive glass. It looks like the LED is actually very bright but the perforation/hole for the notification LED is being cut in the wrong spot... slightly low and to the left.

Can anyone else confirm this? Are all Droids like this? I'm wondering if this was an uncaught hardware change late in the design of the phone and if subsequent incremental revisions will fix this "issue."

veggiedave

Reaction score
i did kind of notice this with mine as well. also had a BB and the light is much dimmer.

RedBull

Reaction score
I have noticed late at night if I look at my phone, that the green LED notification does seem to slightly light up my whole screen. Not sure if this is a defect...or just the way it's built. Doesn't bug me...but it was something I noticed...

Guchi

Reaction score
i have never realy paid that much attention to it.... when i see the light blinking i just check my phone

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are correct, but it is because it is multicolor, each color is a bit off in a different direction.

Haven't had an issue seeing notif's myself.