Some Tips for CM7..

tattedupboy

Reaction score
AFAIK, there is no speed dial in the stock CM dialer, unfortunately. I use Dialer One as I can't live w/out speed dial and T9 name dialing....

And no one thinks this is a glaring omission? Feature phones, including ones without cameras, have had the feature for years. All the time and effort that goes into the development of these AOSP ROMs and it never occurred to the developers to include something as basic as speed dial? I don't want this comment to be construed in a criticizing way, but still!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, there is no speed dial in the stock CM dialer, unfortunately. I use Dialer One as I can't live w/out speed dial and T9 name dialing....

And no one thinks this is a glaring omission? Feature phones, including ones without cameras, have had the feature for years. All the time and effort that goes into the development of these AOSP ROMs and it never occurred to the developers to include something as basic as speed dial? I don't want this comment to be construed in a criticizing way, but still!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I know I agree that it's unfortunate speed dial/T9 name dialing is missing. :)

I guess it's just a matter of there being a lot of market options to get those features, and a dev hasn't stepped forward to implement it in CM. CM is a lot about individual initiative of interested developers...

rustydogg

Reaction score
Thanks for an excellent post. I learned not to use the bootstrapper on CM7 the hard way, the very hard way :icon_ cry: