Noticed something odd when taking pictures

flyinion

Reaction score
So, I take a picture, then tap the picture in the upper right and it brings it up along with all the various icons on the right side on where you might want to share the picture. In that view it looks nice and bright and colorful. If I tap the picture again which causes it to switch to viewing it in the gallery the same picture is all of a sudden dark and kind of washed out looking. Am I missing something here? When Google+ syncs it up to the web and I look at "photos from your phone" it looks ok, kind of in the middle. Not bright and colorful but not dim and washed out either.

OP
flyinion

flyinion

Reaction score
nobody else has noticed this? Not necessarily after a solution of some kind, just wondering if I'm the only one seeing this and if not what the reason for the difference might be.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Auto brightness on the phone!? Also the pics seem to look a bit more dull on a normal PC Monitor. The AMOLED screen really makes images pop.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I've noticed that too. Not sure why it does that though. Google is pushing an OTA in the coming week so that may fix it.

OP
flyinion

flyinion

Reaction score
Auto brightness on the phone!? Also the pics seem to look a bit more dull on a normal PC Monitor. The AMOLED screen really makes images pop.

AB is the only thing I can think of. I'll have to turn it off and test. @BL4Z3D247, maybe so.

OP
flyinion

flyinion

Reaction score
Ok I confirmed just a few minutes ago that it's nothing wrong with the phone. It is indeed auto-brightness. It cranks up brightness when you are in the camera app and turns it down when you go to the gallery for example. I took it off auto and tested 2 different brightness levels and the picture stayed consistent between the camera view and the gallery view.

x25064

Reaction score
Good cause I def noticed this too and I was like "oh maybe the camera isn't os bad after all... no wait.."