1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X camera washing out outdoor photos

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by MrElculver2424, Aug 19, 2012.

1. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 New Member

The camera on my Droid X is "whiting out" all pictures that I take outside.

They look okay when I take them, but once it takes it and shows it to me, it's all washed out in white and you cannot see very much in the picture. This does not happen with indoor pictures...it takes them fine, but with outdoor photos, it keeps doing this.

I changed the exposure to -1, which stops the whiting out, but then the pictures are too dark. So I don't know what to do.

I have had it for almost 2 years and this issue just popped up about a month ago...it always used to take outdoor pictures just fine.
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

I recently purchased a used DX that does has the exact same problem. I hope there is a solution.
  3. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 New Member

I've tried clearing all camera data, and I have tried other camera apps and no luck. Don't know why this is happening but it really sucks not to be able to take outdoor pictures. They're all ruined.

Also, sometimes pictures that I take turn into a gray gallery icon and I cannot get them back and have to delete them. This is not as frequent as the washing out, but it's also another problem.
Search tags for this page
android camera washed out
camera washing
camera washing out pictures
droid 4 taking white photos
droid camera is whiting out

droid x camera washed out

droid x camera washes out in daylight

droid x camera white

droid x camera white out

droid x photos washed out

droidx pictures white