Not so fast to jump to the Incredible...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Solorca, did you use ##PROGRAM and change your vocodes?
Try evrc-b or 13k.

Yeah, I've tried it all. It will work correctly if I hold the phone at an absolutely perfect angle...but if I move it a centimeter off, it is useless. I think it's actually an issue with the build of the phone, but it's extremely frustrating.

You think they've given you four different phones with the same build quality issues? Really?

eliassami5

Reaction score
if thats not an iphone clone..then i dont know what is. Dosent look one bit appealing to me. I love my Droid and its gonna take something really unique and special to get me to part with it. And frankly this LG phone is what gives smartphones a bad name, an average person would just look at it and think "oh wow not another iClone" and would just pass it over. Phone designers need to think outside of the box already..

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
That keyboard looks nice!!! Forget the Incredible, I can get down with THAT!!! I need my keyboard! Now I know damn well people wont complain about the keys on that one. See...earlier I mentoined the Droid 2, Motorola Shadow, now this.

I said it earlier and imma say it again.....happy times ahead for us Droid owners....:blink: SO many choices, so lil time.

My head it starting to hurt now.....Oh I almost forgot: WinMo, 7, whateva its called, they short...BIG TIME. iPhone better make room....If it takes 20 Android phones to compete with Apple, so be it.

Last edited:

wmnomore

Reaction score
well i'll be the first to complain about the keyboard. it is offset just like the droid. f'ing annoying. i shouldn't have to reach on one side to hit the keys. good thing i don't use it.
i am pretty happy with my droid. but still waiting for the nexus. (hopefully they will still release a sprint/verizon combined version)

pyro6128

Reaction score
well i'll be the first to complain about the keyboard. it is offset just like the droid. f'ing annoying. i shouldn't have to reach on one side to hit the keys. good thing i don't use it.
i am pretty happy with my droid. but still waiting for the nexus. (hopefully they will still release a sprint/verizon combined version)

Thats not going to happen

dbigdawg

Reaction score
I was planning on going to the store to scope out the Incredible today (and I still plan to), but I saw some interesting news today that may make me change my mind about getting it. It looks like the LG Aloha may be coming sooner than I thought.

I've been a long-time fan of LG phones. In fact, prior to moving to the Droid, I have had each incarnation of the Voyager (about 6 total phones in a row) and have loved them all.

The basic specs look really similar to the Incredible or Nexus One, but with the added fact that it will have a hardware keyboard (and from my experience, LG will actually do the keyboard correctly)...

First LG Android Finally Coming to Verizon this Summer | Android Phone Fans

I played with the Aloha and it didn't stop me from getting the Incredible. The Aloha is similar to a Droid in size but not nearly as heavy. In all honesty, it never entered my mind as a viable device for me because I HATE what tactile keyboards do to the size of a device. That being said, I am curious to see how people respond to the actual phone portion of the device. I didn't make any calls so I don't know if this device will carry on LG's call quality reputation. If you gotta have a tactile keyboard, this device will be the first high performance device of that type but I wasn't blown away by the design.

gszeman

Reaction score
Looks like it's four inches thick
thats what she said

looks about the same thickness as the Droid though :p

+1 Lol...

This text is here to make it longer (no that's what she said comment needed on that one :p)

ps...going to VZ today to play around with a working model of the incredible. 98% sure I won't switch (I thought it felt too plastic when I first saw a shell of it a while ago), but I'd like to see one in action just to be sure. The LG looks kinda nice though...

kwiksilvr

Reaction score
5mp camera... I hope its not the same one in the droid.... because that one BLOWS... I use my phone for a camera ALOT... and I cannot stand that crap they put in the droid... I am getting my incredible today, and hope like hell the 8mp camera thats in it is worth it... all the reviews say yes... this is my thing.. I don't care too much about the keyboard... I don't type alot anyways...

R

Romple

Still don't get why people are so quick to upgrade from their Droids. I get it, there's a lot of handsets coming out, but the Droid isn't exactly old news.

I'm just biding my time for an OMAP4 Droid. Anything in between is just a distraction.

kwiksilvr

Reaction score
Still don't get why people are so quick to upgrade from their Droids. I get it, there's a lot of handsets coming out, but the Droid isn't exactly old news.

I'm just biding my time for an OMAP4 Droid. Anything in between is just a distraction.

ONE WORD = "CAMERA"

the one in the droid BLOWS... that is all...

broosewee

Reaction score
I don't mind the Droid' camera quality at all! It improved tenfold since launch. It's not great, sure, but not that bad either.

And phone quality is really superb for me. Motorola's quality control must've taken a few days off or something.