Recommendation?

mikelbeck

Reaction score
So... my wife has a Backflip on AT&T right now. The AT&T service sucks in my area so we're gonna jump to Verizon.

Amazon has a load of Android phones for 1 cent so we're gonna pick one up from there. She really really wants a physical keyboard so that limits us to the LG Ally (underpowered), the Droid Pro (small keyboard) or the Droid 2 Global (probably too much for what she needs).

I'm trying to steer her towards one with an on-screen keyboard instead of a physical one. The Droid X is too big so I was thinking about the HTC Incredible. But I see the Samsung Fascinate, the LG Vortex and the Samsung Continuum. I don't know much about those last 3, does anybody have any first-hand knowledge of them?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have an Incredible and I love it. The screen is accurate and when i had my original droid i never really used the physical keyboard either.

The best advice I can give you is to go to a store and have your wife check out the Incredible or any other touch-only device.

The only downside of the Incredible is the battery life, so if she's in areas with low signal or uses the phone alot, she better expect to be near a charger.

OP
M

mikelbeck

Reaction score
I have an Incredible and I love it. The screen is accurate and when i had my original droid i never really used the physical keyboard either.

The best advice I can give you is to go to a store and have your wife check out the Incredible or any other touch-only device.

I have a Droid (the original) and have been having her play with the virtual keyboard for the last couple of days. She keeps comparing it to the physical one on her Backflip and complaining that there's keys missing.

The only downside of the Incredible is the battery life, so if she's in areas with low signal or uses the phone alot, she better expect to be near a charger.

How bad is the battery life? Does it last through the day or does it die in less than 12 hours? She puts her phone on the charger overnight so if it can last for 12-14 hours with moderate usage that would probably be OK.