Not sending or receiving pic messages

AshRiv

Reaction score
Sorry if repeat...
I cannot send or receive pics. I've tried both stock and handcent. And data saver is off. Have only had this phone for a couple weeks. Any help?? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Can you receive SMS, though?

When you say you can't send/receive pictures, do you mean the entire message doesn't go through, or does the message show up without the picture?

I believe there is a setting in the Messages app that pertains to MMS retrieval, but I don't think it would effect your ability to send them.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
A

AshRiv

Reaction score
I don't think I've done it with text. It comes thru and just won't download. And it won't even send. I've looked thru settings in handcent...have no clue what the problem is!

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Do you have the automatic retrieval option checked off? Like I said, I don't know what that would have to do with sending them, but maybe it has something to do with why they won't download.

Honestly, I doubt it. I'd check for craps and giggles, though.

Maybe you should call Verizon. I had a phone that wouldn't send or receive picture messages until a software update was pushed to it. Maybe it's a glitch on their end.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
A

AshRiv

Reaction score
No its checked. Ugh...calling Verizon I guess. Thx :)

Loadre

Reaction score
Ever get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing...

OP
A

AshRiv

Reaction score
Yeah I ended up having to do a factory reset. Verizon had me do a few things before that...like uninstall apps. Nothing worked tho. I would try uninstalling apps you've downloaded since it started doing that. See if that fixes it. If not give them a call. Good luck! :)