Not receiving my email

cknight91

Reaction score
I have experienced similar issues with email sync and push. Sometimes my emails push to my phone instantly, sometimes they are lagged, and sometimes it seems like they don't come in at all unless I do a manual refresh.

As a note, try uninstalling your task manager/killer if you have one installed, I believe that if you are killing certain services (related to email), then this may be disrupting your email sync/push. Plus I am hearing that you don't need one with android devices. I had ATK installed and uninstalled it recently.

Tracyap

Reaction score
Same problem all day for me. All settings are correct. No email coming through. Will try battery pull.

Tracyap

Reaction score
I should also mention that my Facebook feed is not updating either today. No taskiller installed.

bikerboy

Reaction score
My yahoo/msn emails, stopped showing emails comming in , i saw that i have 3 emails on laptop, and none od droid, taking battery out did help , but i don't need to do that on my Iphone, what should i do to fix this ?
Thanks

bennyj

Reaction score
I just had this happen as well! I made sure everything is set to sync and I do not have any task killers installed. I did a battery pull and all of a sudden I got like 15 emails.

I did how ever turn off the "notify in status bar" on my gmail account so that I would not get two notifications each time I recieved an email for the gmail account. doing this, now I just get one notification in the status bar from the email that came stock on the droid.

aowaller

Reaction score
I had this problem start after I deleted a bunch of emails in my accounts. I found the only way to get the emails to start coming in again was to go into the manage applications and clear the email data. I had to re-setup my email accounts but emails started coming in again.

matt2783

Reaction score
Thank you P3Droid, I was having the same problem until now.

unclebill

Reaction score
The past two weekends my POP3 account (work e-mail) stopped working for a few hours only to come back with a load of e-mails I missed. Gmail accounts and messaging worked fine during that time. Figured it might have something to do with the ISP who hosts that account - maybe maintenance or something - although when I signed into that account on my desktop computer, the e-mails were there.

rickaltman

Reaction score
I too began experiencing the now-famous comatose email application syndrome, and am at least gratified to know that it's not just me, in a weird misery-loves-company sort of way. I suspect that it is a conflict between applications and one that is not worth my time to track down.

I solved this permanently by routing my regular email through my otherwise-dormant gmail account. I was surprised by how easy that was, and by how robust the controls are, including the ability to designate my regular email address as the sender and reply-to address.

Since doing that, the Droid has not once failed.

Having already created a sync workaround through Google Contacts and Calendar, it is clear to me that this is a phone that really wants you to use Google apps. Imagine my surprise...

phantrik

Reaction score
My Yahoo email acts up sometimes...

The one thing I noticed that helps is to go through the incoming and outgoing settings under account settings for your email and click on each one (Incoming and Outgoing). No need to re-enter info, just scroll to the bottom and click on 'next'. Once i do that it seems to start syncing up again. I noticed it usually after disconnecting from wifi it stops syncing??? BTW I'm using the new default vales for yahoo email, I just entered my username and pw for the server settings (ex. android.imap.mail.yahoo.com port 993)

Mark118

Reaction score
Found a cure that worked for me. READ THIS

turned out to be a microsoft outlook setting for me.

Hours after buying the Droid incredible, and setting up the email from my ISP.... my droid stopped recieving emails. They were still showing up on my desktop through my outlook.

I went into Tools - Account settings - In the Email tab click on change - More settings - Advanced at the bottom I checked "leave copy of messages on server' (be sure to check remove from server after 10 days, so you dont clog up)

Basically, If your droid grabs it first from your server... both outlook and and the droid get the email.... but if the outlook gets it first.... it deletes it from the server immediatly. Depending on where I was with the phone, sometimes Droid got it first... sometimes not.

this solved my issue... hope it helps you too.