linking gmail with my school email

bmb0205

Reaction score
I am trying to get all of the messages I receive in my school email forwarded to gmail so I can read them on the gmail icon on my droid, but I can't figure out how to do it. I know how to get my gmail emails forwarded, but not the other way around. Any help? Thanks everyone

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What mail does your school use? You should be able to set a filter to forward all email to your Gmail account. It may be easier to do this on your computer

Mike

agdaniels

Reaction score
You need to search your schools website or your talk to your tech support, its a setting on your schools end. In my case, its on our portal page. A better alternative would be to use the email client on your droid and set it up to connect to your schools exchange server if they have one or whatever mail server they have. Again, search the schools website or tell someone here the school and we can search it for you.

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
What mail does your school use? You should be able to set a filter to forward all email to your Gmail account. It may be easier to do this on your computer

Mike

I am using a computer right now and have my droid with me. I'm not sure what it is exactly but its a called webmail and ends with .edu and says "powered by IMP"

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I have my schools forwarded to my gmail.

I had to set it up on my settings on my school email, not my gmail.

Look around in your school email and look for forwarding, if not call your schools IT help desk and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

It is nice to have school emails on the droid, especially if a professor sends out an emal to cancel class.

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
I have my schools forwarded to my gmail.

I had to set it up on my settings on my school email, not my gmail.

Look around in your school email and look for forwarding, if not call your schools IT help desk and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

It is nice to have school emails on the droid, especially if a professor sends out an emal to cancel class.

Yeah I just can't seem to find it :(

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK The .edu indicates you are at a educational facility. Powered by IMP is probably the vendor or perhaps app that handles the mail service. Do you see anything in the headings
of on the side that would allow you to set parameters or edits?

Mike

agdaniels

Reaction score
Tell us your school and we can most likely find it. Or if you're feeling especially daring go to google, search

site:YOURSCHOOL.edu configure email

and that will probably get you heading in the right direction. If that isn't working add terms like exchange or imap or pop3 to the search

OP
B

bmb0205

Reaction score
Nice I figured it out. Thanks everyone I appreciate the help!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since it is Webmail I imagine they use a POP protocol