Not receiving my email

thetruth

Reaction score
I haven't been receiving my email on my gmail account. I logged into my gmail account on my Macbook and I have 10 emails that never showed up in my Droid. Any ideas?

On a sidenote, what's the difference between the gmail icon and the email icon that are in my Droid?

cktb2793

Reaction score
the same thing happened to me today. I pulled off the battery and restarted and all my email came.

Reaction score
thats only happened to me once. Maybe just a bug in software.

P3Droid

Reaction score
To make sure that you receive your email through gmail ensure that auto-sync is enabled. to check this go to Settings, accounts and syncy, and make sure that auto sync is checked in green. Lastly ensure that your accounts are set to sync (green)

cktb2793

Reaction score
mine are all set correctly and I've been receiving mail...... I just stopped receiving email all day today until I pulled off my battery and restarted

oceangor1

Reaction score
I never get email on one account the other sometimes. Well most of the time. It says I have email and a for a brief second I see it and than its gone.... Gremlins I guess

MAzing87

Reaction score
To make sure that you receive your email through gmail ensure that auto-sync is enabled. to check this go to Settings, accounts and syncy, and make sure that auto sync is checked in green. Lastly ensure that your accounts are set to sync (green)

Very helpful. I didn't know why my job didnt' get my email this morning until I read this post. Thank you.

OP
thetruth

thetruth

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip P3. So is it also normal for gmail emails to also appear in the email app?

OP
thetruth

thetruth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm confused. I made sure that my Gmail account is set up correctly and that sync is on. I just got an email at 9:02pst that showed up in my Email app but not in my Gmail apps. So I opened Gmail and hit refresh and the email showed up. I also noticed that the email was delivered at 8:54pst. Why isn't my Gmail being pushed to my phone???

JackT

Reaction score
I had this problem yesterday too. My main gmail account tied to my phone had no emails all day, but then later that night, 3 emails popped up on my phone. All the times had been from early that morning, but I didn't receive them until much later. I had 3G reception all day so it isn't like I was out of the service area.

Droidette

Reaction score
I have my AOL mail account loaded and notice that I get email notifications. But, when I click on it to see the new emails, half the time there aren't any! I see stuff I already read, but nothing new. I have a gmail account, too, and it happens there, too. Anyone else?

tboland

Reaction score
Same thing is happening for me. I have all my settings & synching options setup the right way. I tried the battery pull but nothing. I ended up setting up a Email account pointing to my gmail. It seems to then work for a bit but now I'm back to no sync emails. If I hit refresh in the gmail app I do get them. My work around for now is to use the other email account & get info every 15 minutes. I do have exchange setup & it works perfectly...

manbearpig

Reaction score
MSN/Hotmail issues...I noticed that was I wasn't getting new emails. I kept hitting refresh and the refresh icon kept swirling around but nothing ever happened. I did try removing the battery and that seemed to work. Hopefully the update fixes this so I don't have to remove the cover a lot (ultimately making the cover looser than it is).

StevenJDroid

Reaction score
As to the question, what's the difference between the eMail app and the gMail app on your Droid, the eMail app is there to be configured to whatever email program other than gMail that you're using on your desktop, such as one of the POP server type of emails or Exchange emails or whatever you want.

Depending on how you set that one (the eMail app on your Droid) it won't necessary "sync" with your desktop email. For example, I have an email account through my ISP and I've set it up on my Droid eMail so that only NEW messages coming from the ISP show up ... however, I set it (on the Droid) NOT to download those emails from the ISP's server, so those messages still also show up on my Desktop via the Mozilla Thunderbird email app. On the other hand, I've told Thunderbird (on my Desktop) to download the emails from my ISP's server, so once I've read an email on my desktop it does NOT appear on my Droid.

Setting it this way also means that if I leave the email program open on my Desktop, very few if any emails from the ISP will show up on my Droid. This is because I've set Thunderbird to pull emails from the ISP's server every 10 minutes.

This set-up works for me. It provides me access to any new incoming emails (and the chance to reply to them) that I get while away from my Desktop, while still ensuring that everything is there on my Desktop.

On the other hand, I've set up gMail on my Droid and desktop so everything automatically syncs -- which makes sense, because with Google Mail nothing is downloaded permanently -- it's "cloud" computing -- everything is happening in the "cloud" not on your desktop or your Droid. I have found this to work flawlessly so far (knock on wood) -- anything that shows up on gMail on my Droid almost instantly also shows up on gMail on my desktop and vice versa.

One thing that can be confusing is, you really need to make sure your Google account on your Droid is exactly the same as the Google account for your desktop. Many of us have ended up with multiple Google accounts. I consolidated mine before first powering up my Droid, and it's made my life a lot easier.

Finally, I've found you can get pretty useful help on the Google Mail forums -- including help on syncing.

Shaalan

Reaction score
all email stopped

I have a gmail account, a mac account and two other POP accounts. They all stopped receiving mail two days ago. Dxesktop shows all the email, but droid has nothing. Makes work less efficient for sure. No change in settings. I tried refreshing on 3G and wifi. Will try a battery pull, but want to be able to trust my device.