Nook Color- Android Tablet for 249.99?

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by sansavi, Jan 2, 2011.

1. sansavi

sansavi New Member

Whilst roaming Twitter as I always do for Android spotlights, I came across something interesting(and rather enticing).

Seems someone figured out how to root the Nook Color from Barnes and Noble to be a fully working Android tablet.

Video Here:

I've also seen that some involuntary factory resets are being pushed, but without any countermeasures to rooting, enabling the user to easily re-root and enjoy their discount tablet.

So, what's your guys' take? Would you throw down 249.99 for a tablet? I'm considering it myself, the casing is fantastic looking, the screen looks great(as much as you can tell in the video.
  2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Better tablet alternatives out for the price. Archos makes some really nice ones for cheap a lot more coming soon. So personally I would skip this for the purposes of a tablet.
  3. mx371

mx371 New Member

My thoughts exactly. Definitely the way I would go if I were looking for an ebook reader though.
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Nook Color Get's Kindle Apps... Detailed Instructions For That And More

Lots of info on the Nook Color over on that site. It's actually a really good tablet once it's rooted, and it's backed by a very solid warranty from a reputable company. Not that the Archos isn't a great tablet, mind you, but I'm saying don't knock the NC or count it out quite yet. :)