noob needs help flashing rooted droid a855

debiec68

Reaction score
I just got this droid and I want to flash it. Can anyone tell me how? Its already rooted but I have no clue if its to any specific program or... can anyone tell me how to flash it, or how to find out about the root?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Get ROM manager from the market and install it. Run the app and see if it asks for "super user permission". If it does and you can approve it, you are rooted. As far as the rest, google search "rooted, now what?". Its a very simple process once you have done it a couple of times. Remember: always backup and always wipe first.

This post is Incredible 2

OP
D

debiec68

Reaction score
any helpful advise, but im a REAL NEWBIE. Details please.

The phone I bought has "project Elite 6.5" (hope that's the info needed) I have no clue how to wipe? Or do any of the other special things. Back ups I can do. But, how am I suppised to get the "ROM manager"? Its rooted, but ive yet to be able to access the internet, or even activate the phone. I bought it useds and already rooted. My plan was to use it as a wireless tether, or hotspot. Is that even possible as is, or do I need to set it up thru VerizonN or can it be flashed? To use on Straight Talk Services? I've been lookin up some info about flashing, but its all Greek to me. Of you can, please give me detailed steps or info to use the wireless tether/ hotspot, as well as flash to straight talk. (Does strt tlk have hot spot capability if not can it be set up, or where, how, who does? I already know uts rooted. Super user premish? Yup got it.. now I want to flash to a different serv provider. How? Free? Cheap? I need all details cuz I really don't know the terms, wording etc... heeeeeeeeeelp!? Lol

KissDemon

Reaction score
I just rooted for the first time and used this method Root regardless of OS from these forums. Supossed to work no matter what for the Droid and by doing it this way versus some one-click app you kinda learn what you are doing. Now after going through it I could do it again in 2 minutes flat. Highly recommend it.