Noob, i want to put theme on my x, need help

rboutin2

Reaction score
Okay, so i know i need to root, but do i have to have a custom rom to use themes? If so, what is the best rom to use right now? I somehow managed to get a sweet purple theme on my gf's OG droid. Is it much different than that?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no you dont need a rom to put a theme on just a custom recovery

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
okay, so whats that mean? like the stock 2.2 ota with a theme like in it?

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
ok thank u!! Now, can i just apply any theme using clockworkmod? Or do they have to be able to be used on stock rom? I know i have to look out for deodexed and odexed right?

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
also, i was curious which is the best and most stable rom right now? I'm in the mood for a change.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
also, i was curious which is the best and most stable rom right now? I'm in the mood for a change.

Oops, quoted wrong one for Theme.

ROM's? I'm running rubiX .03 Blurry right now. It's simple and is working well for me. I read for a month or more on every ROM before choosing, I really do suggest you do the same. I was in the "mood" for a long time but wanted to get it right.

If you install a Theme and decide to put a ROM on it will overwrite it. I would still suggest trying out a Theme for a few before advancing.

JMO:)

OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
Um , i got a bit of an issue, i rooted my friend's x last night no prob, i try to root mine,m it said i was rooted after using doroot method, but then i have no superuser and i tried lCDdensity app, and it says im not rooted, i try to root again, and it just keeps failing. any suggestions?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Um , i got a bit of an issue, i rooted my friend's x last night no prob, i try to root mine,m it said i was rooted after using doroot method, but then i have no superuser and i tried lCDdensity app, and it says im not rooted, i try to root again, and it just keeps failing. any suggestions?

Yea I never used doroot method. Unless the file is named rootmyx2.

Here>>>http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html

And if your using rootmyx2 easy root method I did a lot of toggling between connections to get that to go.