Noob got root and broke stuff, think i need a stock signed ROM to fix it

gmdattilo

Reaction score
A buddy of mine gave me an original Droid and soon after getting it rooted I broke it. Like a fool I figured I could clear up all the vendor specific garbage on the phone by getting an ADB console mounting the system partition read write and deleting stuff. I got rid of Twitter and Facebook with no issues but then I got over zealous. Long story short I deleted some stuff that I needed and now the phone is in a boot up loop. I can get to the recovery console, it is still the stock recovery. I tried like a fool to flash a "custom" rom but got a rom signature error. If its not obvious I don't really know what I doing. I have a great deal of Linux experience which made me all the more dangerous in the su console. I'm making the gross assumption that if I had a copy of a clean signed rom I could copy it to my SD card and do an "update from SD" thru the recovery console.

Any help would be much appreciated.

There is no emergency here. I had no intention of using the phone as a phone. I was gonna play with it for a while and then give it to my 4 yr old daughter as music internet and possibly Netflix toy.

Thanks in advance...