i need help. im a noob!!!! :(

hairypotter

Reaction score
alright guys, i have an issue. completely new to flashing roms and rooting phones. i recieved help and got my phone rooted (unrevoked), as well as ran a really good rom (incredibly re-engineered) so i was getting antsy, and tried to find a rom to reflash back to my stock rom, as well as change the security status to on instead of off. according to the tutorial that i found it had me run the security status change before reflashing the stock rom. i believe that this has been the issue. the tutorial also stated to try to run the stock rom from bootloader, and not recovery. when i am in bootloader my phone does not recognize the stock rom at all as the tutorial indicated that it would.

if anyone has any suggestions of what i can do to get back to stock from where im at, let me know PLEASE!!!

kichard

Reaction score
Never done this...but I'm pretty sure you have to change the file name to something specific. Have you done that?? If its this big of a pain I say just stay rooted.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
alright guys, i have an issue. completely new to flashing roms and rooting phones. i recieved help and got my phone rooted (unrevoked), as well as ran a really good rom (incredibly re-engineered) so i was getting antsy, and tried to find a rom to reflash back to my stock rom, as well as change the security status to on instead of off. according to the tutorial that i found it had me run the security status change before reflashing the stock rom. i believe that this has been the issue. the tutorial also stated to try to run the stock rom from bootloader, and not recovery. when i am in bootloader my phone does not recognize the stock rom at all as the tutorial indicated that it would.

if anyone has any suggestions of what i can do to get back to stock from where im at, let me know PLEASE!!!

Follow this tutorial will get you back to stock, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-hacks/95406-how-correctly-unroot-incredible.html.