noob asking for root help

TJBrookz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here, I've had a Droid for about 3 years.

On my other x2 (replaced with current) I tried to root it and wound up wiping my to factory presets,lost all my apps and everything.

So I'm wondering if I did something wrong or not.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hey there Tj. Thread moved to X2 support. :)

Rooting the x2 should not involve wiping data. Are you on 2.3.4 or 2.3.5? Go to settings - about phone and it will tell you.

You are most likely on 2.3.5, the last update for the phone which is fine. If on 2.3.5, the easiest root method is to use this [How to] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418

There is a video for instructions and also written instructions. Personally, the self extracting batch file is the easiest way to go in my opinion. Any questions, ask away.

OP
TJBrookz

TJBrookz

Reaction score
Hey there Tj. Thread moved to X2 support. :)

Rooting the x2 should not involve wiping data. Are you on 2.3.4 or 2.3.5? Go to settings - about phone and it will tell you.

You are most likely on 2.3.5, the last update for the phone which is fine. If on 2.3.5, the easiest root method is to use this [How to] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418

There is a video for instructions and also written instructions. Personally, the self extracting batch file is the easiest way to go in my opinion. Any questions, ask away.

Thanks I'll check it out!

OP
TJBrookz

TJBrookz

Reaction score
Thanks again!

I am rooted now and running CyanogenMod 10 kudos to DragonzKiller!