Noob In Need Of Help Please!!!!!!!!!

bamanoob

Reaction score
I bought a droid 4 from a girl whom had it rooted, I myself know nothing about a cell phone being rooted and the whole purpose! I noticed when a call comes on or when I make a call I can hardly hear the person, however speakers work great on videos and music, so I went by Verizon spoke to nice man there he let me know my phone was rooted and fully rooted and may need ROM, when rooting phone some things we lose. Any fix for hearing ppl I speak to on calls very faint low.... and well if not how do I remove this root easy way... I been doing research and wow I am so lost... I have no clue how to do the whole droid4Utility0.3 totally lost.. and scared I am or will do something wrong, all I want is sound in calls... everything else on the phone works great. And then someone mentioned to install motoblur and well then I really got lost, if anyone has the time to help, I know it is asking a lot and yes I am a NOOB.. lmao but ugh all I want is to hear my callers

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought a droid 4 from a girl whom had it rooted, I myself know nothing about a cell phone being rooted and the whole purpose! I noticed when a call comes on or when I make a call I can hardly hear the person, however speakers work great on videos and music, so I went by Verizon spoke to nice man there he let me know my phone was rooted and fully rooted and may need ROM, when rooting phone some things we lose. Any fix for hearing ppl I speak to on calls very faint low.... and well if not how do I remove this root easy way... I been doing research and wow I am so lost... I have no clue how to do the whole droid4Utility0.3 totally lost.. and scared I am or will do something wrong, all I want is sound in calls... everything else on the phone works great. And then someone mentioned to install motoblur and well then I really got lost, if anyone has the time to help, I know it is asking a lot and yes I am a NOOB.. lmao but ugh all I want is to hear my callers

U have a feed back error that's what's causing the low sound it can also cause noise like the sound of wind on both ends of the line even though there is no wind it is a software fault I had the same thing except mine was wind noise that I was hearing rooting did not cause it an can not cause it just unroot the phone using the d4 utility almost the same process as rooting except u select a different option (unroot option in the list of options when u run the utility) an then do a factory replacement only an fxz can fix ur problem but they haven't been released yet an u did not cause the error by rooting or anything that has to do with rooting its a manufacturers software fault

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
B

bamanoob

Reaction score
Re- unrooting droid 4

U have a feed back error that's what's causing the low sound it can also cause noise like the sound of wind on both ends of the line even though there is no wind it is a software fault I had the same thing except mine was wind noise that I was hearing rooting did not cause it an can not cause it just unroot the phone using the d4 utility almost the same process as rooting except u select a different option (unroot option in the list of options when u run the utility) an then do a factory replacement only an fxz can fix ur problem but they haven't been released yet an u did not cause the error by rooting or anything that has to do with rooting its a manufacturers software fault

Ok so is there a step by step video or notes or forum I can go too to unroot this phone! I have the zip I need just do not know what to do. Since I am not Rom smart and what I am to be downloading prob better if I just remove this. And thanks I have read and read these forums and I still do not understand what I am to be adding for this root, it's a shame I have it on here and have no clue how to use it, everyone is like NO keep it lots of perks to it. But like I said I have no clue what I am doing no one local to help out a dummy like myself lol.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok so is there a step by step video or notes or forum I can go too to unroot this phone! I have the zip I need just do not know what to do. Since I am not Rom smart and what I am to be downloading prob better if I just remove this. And thanks I have read and read these forums and I still do not understand what I am to be adding for this root, it's a shame I have it on here and have no clue how to use it, everyone is like NO keep it lots of perks to it. But like I said I have no clue what I am doing no one local to help out a dummy like myself lol.

Just unzip the the files into a folder on ur pc plug ur phone in make sure charge only an usb debbuging is enabled an then run the batch file in the folder that u unzipped the files in an window will pop up an it will have all the instructions that u need

OP
B

bamanoob

Reaction score
Ty Worked

Thanks worked will learn the root and put it back on once I do a lot of reading about it first!