No WIFI hotspot fix for rooted GB?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If only they allowed you to return things..... oh wait
I have a life, GF, kids, home and a job.
theres simply nowhere near enough time to check and make sure every feature works as promised within two weeks! shoot, it took me three weeks to figure out you could hold the home key and get the 8 last opened apps.

Bait-and-switch is fraud.
If your Rep claimed it was free, then that isnt bait and switch, thats an uninformed Rep as well as an uninformed customer. It should not have come as a surprise the forst time you fired up the built-in 3G HotSpot app and was directed to a Verizon page telling you that the service has an additional cost. Or, did you just completely skip over that...

no i didnt

What don't you get then? Or are you just ok with stealing?
i dont think its stealing or i wouldnt be doing it. but im not getting into that cause u seem to think its stealing.
Well, your opinion is not shared by the very company you purchase service from...hence them trying to shut it down and offering a pay service for that ability. Unlimited Mobile Data does not mean you get to use it to power your other devices...it is solely meant to be used by the cellular device it is attached to...hence there being a paid for service tethering application. This isnt rocket surgery...semantics aside, theft of services is exactly what you and I amd anyone else is doing when we tether our phones to other devices without buying a tether package from the service provider.
Im slightly envious of you guys that have the time to sit down and check every function of a new device! Whats that take like, like three or four 8 hour days? How do you make sure it will do stuff like handle time changes properly if its not that time of year during the 2 week trial? :icon_ banana: :)
So, would you buy a car by just walking into the first dealership you come to and take the first car you were offered by the salesman? I would assume you wouldnt do such a thing...but instead, you would read as much documentation as you could find on the actual car you want...and then test drive it, then decide after a reasonable amount of time to either make the purchase or continue shopping. Now, if in fact you decide to swap cars, the majority of dealerships will allow you to swap vehicles for a comparably priced model within a few days up to a couple of weeks...this sound familiar?

pin0y23

Reaction score
dont you think that if this was really stealing something would have been done alottt sooner? Why wait until now to really try and resolve the problem? I'm sure they could have done something about it as soon as the problem arose

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

vatothe0

Reaction score
dont you think that if this was really stealing something would have been done alottt sooner? Why wait until now to really try and resolve the problem? I'm sure they could have done something about it as soon as the problem arose

I just drove over the speed limit and didn't get a ticket so clearly its ok to speed right?

Sent from my DROIDX

pin0y23

Reaction score
Depends. Majority of cops never pull me over and I speed all the time. I actually have never been pulled over before and plenty of cops have seen me speed.

xan

Reaction score
So, would you buy a car by just walking into the first dealership you come to and take the first car you were offered by the salesman? I would assume you wouldnt do such a thing...but instead, you would read as much documentation as you could find on the actual car you want...and then test drive it, then decide after a reasonable amount of time to either make the purchase or continue shopping. Now, if in fact you decide to swap cars, the majority of dealerships will allow you to swap vehicles for a comparably priced model within a few days up to a couple of weeks...this sound familiar?

cant really tell if the cupholders work well, unless you take it over the rubicon trail. (and no dealer would take it back after that...)

I guess one upside was, since it wasn't included, all I really need now is the $15 data plan. so its their loss any-hoo.
dancedroid

qman66

Reaction score

I just drove over the speed limit and didn't get a ticket so clearly its ok to speed right?

Sent from my DROIDX
yea just dont get caught

pin0y23

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX
yea just dont get caught

I like this answer... But anyway despite it being theft of services I'm sure a majority of the people here will continue to try and tether withOut paying for it.just my two cents

turdbogls

Reaction score
I hope not. Thats one of the reasons phones are getting locked down. Dont get me wrong O think we should be able to do whatever the hell we want with our 3G and not pay more to do it.

you do not own the network. verizon can do whatever they want with it. you own the phone, so feel free to modify that as you please, but stealing 3G to tether is the reason all of this is "going down"

and you can't use the "we get unlimited data" arguement. you get unlimited data through the phone not through the computer you are tethering off of the phone....read your contract.
your paying 30 a month for 3g. do u own verizon? u certainly sound like u do.

How does paying a monthly fee = owning a company? You party 30 bucks a month for unlimited mobile data. If verizon thinks it is ok to trget they wouldn't have a charge for it.

Why do you think they cap the downloads to 5 GB a month on the mifi? B/C a pc browser or online gaming uses a ton more data than a mobile phone does. Not many ppl can rack up over 5gb a month on just noble days...but that hours by pretty quickly in gaming or surfing the net on a computer.

This message was probably sent from the can

hackja4fun

Reaction score
I hope not. Thats one of the reasons phones are getting locked down. Dont get me wrong O think we should be able to do whatever the hell we want with our 3G and not pay more to do it.

you do not own the network. verizon can do whatever they want with it. you own the phone, so feel free to modify that as you please, but stealing 3G to tether is the reason all of this is "going down"

and you can't use the "we get unlimited data" arguement. you get unlimited data through the phone not through the computer you are tethering off of the phone....read your contract.

Make sure you are smarter next time you reply to me. It says I think we should which means I am making my own opinion and could give a damn less what the contract says. Im pretty sure I also stated I dont want another tether hack. So go feel dumb now and thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score

Make sure you are smarter next time you reply to me. It says I think we should which means I am making my own opinion and could give a damn less what the contract says. Im pretty sure I also stated I dont want another tether hack. So go feel dumb now and thanks

I don't feel dumb at all, you stated that you think we should be able to use 3g any way we want to....and I provided the reason why it isn't happening. Thats all.

I feel soooo dumb now.
Dwight Shrute - "FALSE!"

This message was probably sent from the can

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I pay for unlimited data, what is the difference if I spend 30 min. Surfing the web on my X or use it so I can surf the same on my ipad? Using g same amount of data.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I pay for unlimited data, what is the difference if I spend 30 min. Surfing the web on my X or use it so I can surf the same on my ipad? Using g same amount of data.

The difference is you agreed to the TOS that states tethering is not included and is an additional charge.

A

abn75

The difference is your unlimited data is only unlimited for that phone / device. That's why they have a tethering plan.

Sent from my DX running. DS V4.2

hawaiianbrowneyez

Reaction score
Oh how im glad to see that Verizon hired alot of tether cops :icon_ banana: the same people who's throwing the stealing card in, most likely tethered before verizon even came out with the tether package. Y'all seriously need to stop ridin Verizon's nuts

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Oh how im glad to see that Verizon hired alot of tether cops :icon_ banana: the same people who's throwing the stealing card in, most likely tethered before verizon even came out with the tether package. Y'all seriously need to stop ridin Verizon's nuts
Well, I cant speak for anyone but myself...I knew as soon as I rooted my phone and downloaded Wireless Tether for Root Users I was stealing a paid for service...

I also knew that I would not be using it to replace my home Cable Internet connection, regardless of the fact that I pay $180 a month for my cable service...or that I pay in excess of $240 a month for my Cellular Phone Service which includes Unlimited Data on 2 lines.

At best, I intended on using the tether ability about 2 times a month...when I would be away on military duty and away from a dedicated internet connection. Instead, I havent used it in months...whatever I need to do on the internet, I can do quite well on my DX...

The fact is, semantics aside, if you tether without purchasing a tether plan, you are stealing a paid for service...not only breaking your TOS, but also risking criminal charges that can result in fines and possible jail time. Argue the point all you want, but it is clearly described in the fine print of your contract...Unlimited Cellular Data is for a Cellular Device designated as such under the contract and assigned a unique ID number...(likely not in those exact words, but instead in a bunch of "legalese")