1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No WIFI hotspot fix for rooted GB?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by CASHPOINT, Apr 15, 2011.

1. CASHPOINT

CASHPOINT New Member

Will there be a fix for the hotspot for the rooted Gingerbread??
  2. hackja4fun

hackja4fun New Member

I hope not. Thats one of the reasons phones are getting locked down. Dont get me wrong O think we should be able to do whatever the hell we want with our 3G and not pay more to do it.
  3. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

you do not own the network. verizon can do whatever they want with it. you own the phone, so feel free to modify that as you please, but stealing 3G to tether is the reason all of this is "going down"

and you can't use the "we get unlimited data" arguement. you get unlimited data through the phone not through the computer you are tethering off of the phone....read your contract.
  4. abn75

abn75 New Member

Yeah it would be nice to have tether but I'm not spending more to do so. I have internet at home. Honestly if you have to tether to use your computer, get home internet service or pay vzw to let you do it. And I don't buy this "I need it for my ipod/360/ps" either. Stop stealing from vzw. That's a big reason they are doing what they are doing.

Sent from my DX running. DS V4.2
  5. xan

xan New Member

I think one of the "upgrades" in GB is to break the no-pay wifi tether. Lets hope in the next version's "upgrade" the boot loader isn't even more locked down. (like many are theorizing)
    I do love how when I was sold this phone, the sales rep told the wifi tether came with it included at no extra charge...got to love the bait and switch.
  6. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

If only they allowed you to return things..... oh wait

Sent from my DROIDX
  7. qman66

qman66 New Member

your paying 30 a month for 3g. do u own verizon? u certainly sound like u do.
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Did you miss the part where he said read your contract?
  9. qman66

qman66 New Member

no i didnt
  10. xan

xan New Member

I have a life, GF, kids, home and a job.
    theres simply nowhere near enough time to check and make sure every feature works as promised within two weeks! shoot, it took me three weeks to figure out you could hold the home key and get the 8 last opened apps.

Bait-and-switch is fraud.
  11. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

What don't you get then? Or are you just ok with stealing?
  12. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

So it's important enough to complain about on the internet, but not use it within 2 weeks. Got it.
  13. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Think so? Take it to the Attorney General in your state and see if they agree.

I agree with you about the 14 days. It is a short amount of time, but you knew what the deal was when you got it. Just need to make the time for it somehow.
  14. qman66

qman66 New Member

i dont think its stealing or i wouldnt be doing it. but im not getting into that cause u seem to think its stealing.
  15. xan

xan New Member

Im slightly envious of you guys that have the time to sit down and check every function of a new device! Whats that take like, like three or four 8 hour days? How do you make sure it will do stuff like handle time changes properly if its not that time of year during the 2 week trial? :icon_ banana:

Trying to get back on topic;
    One things for sure, its only a matter of time before a new crack for free tether is available on GB.
    Should we start a pool? :)
  16. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

If your Rep claimed it was free, then that isnt bait and switch, thats an uninformed Rep as well as an uninformed customer. It should not have come as a surprise the forst time you fired up the built-in 3G HotSpot app and was directed to a Verizon page telling you that the service has an additional cost. Or, did you just completely skip over that...

Well, your opinion is not shared by the very company you purchase service from...hence them trying to shut it down and offering a pay service for that ability. Unlimited Mobile Data does not mean you get to use it to power your other devices...it is solely meant to be used by the cellular device it is attached to...hence there being a paid for service tethering application. This isnt rocket surgery...semantics aside, theft of services is exactly what you and I amd anyone else is doing when we tether our phones to other devices without buying a tether package from the service provider.
    So, would you buy a car by just walking into the first dealership you come to and take the first car you were offered by the salesman? I would assume you wouldnt do such a thing...but instead, you would read as much documentation as you could find on the actual car you want...and then test drive it, then decide after a reasonable amount of time to either make the purchase or continue shopping. Now, if in fact you decide to swap cars, the majority of dealerships will allow you to swap vehicles for a comparably priced model within a few days up to a couple of weeks...this sound familiar?
  17. pin0y23

pin0y23 New Member

dont you think that if this was really stealing something would have been done alottt sooner? Why wait until now to really try and resolve the problem? I'm sure they could have done something about it as soon as the problem arose

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  18. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

I just drove over the speed limit and didn't get a ticket so clearly its ok to speed right?

Sent from my DROIDX
  19. pin0y23

pin0y23 New Member

Depends. Majority of cops never pull me over and I speed all the time. I actually have never been pulled over before and plenty of cops have seen me speed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  20. xan

xan New Member

cant really tell if the cupholders work well, unless you take it over the rubicon trail. (and no dealer would take it back after that...)

I guess one upside was, since it wasn't included, all I really need now is the $15 data plan. so its their loss any-hoo.
    dancedroid
Search tags for this page

fixed wifi hotspot for verizon s4 me7 bootloader locked phon