No Sound from Earpiece

jasper

Reaction score
I have no volume whatsoever in the earpiece.

I have also checked numerous other online forums and this seems to be something of a problem for the Droid. But I am not finding a good answer to my specific problem anywhere else...

I have a Droid I got about 4 or so months ago. I am currently running Android 2.2, which downloaded a few days ago.

I have had no problems with it until yesterday when, suddenly, the earpiece stopped working. I cannot hear any sound whatsoever, not even the ringing, whether it's incoming or outgoing.
When I put it on "speaker" it works fine.
Media plays fine.
Callers can hear me fine.
I plugged in my headset and it works fine.
I connected my bluetooth and it works fine.
It is only when it is in "normal" mode, I cannot hear any incoming voices.

Also, the phone worked fine yesterday morning, I got 2 incoming calls and also checked voice mail, as of around 1400 yesterday I now cannot do either without using the speaker function.

I have checked every function I can think of and nothing seems to be the answer. I don't have any new apps since last week, so I doubt that's it. I have not messed with the phone (hacks, etc) at all.

The only thing I did between morning and afternoon was download the newest flash player. It seems preposterous that that would affect my calling ability.

I would appreciate any help possible.

This is a relatively new phone and I just can't figure out what happened. My life is on this phone, sadly, and the only thing I have not tried is a factory reset because I don't want to lose all my data. Plus if it's a speaker issue, I don't know if that would help, and it seems silly to go through all that for nothing.

I also contacted Motorola directly via their customer service email: absolutely no help at all, I don't even think they read my email. :icon_evil:

Yorge

Reaction score
Any answer?

Hey Jasper,

Just curious whether you got an answer to your post or otherwise figured out how to resolve the issue My wife's phone is having the exact same issue (two weeks old).

Thanks! G

Narn

Reaction score
No Volume in earpiece either

Hi Jasper and Jorge,
Did either of you get resolution with this issue? I'd like to avoid a trip to the store ... it is a brand new phone. Thankks!

Yorge

Reaction score
Hi Narn,

Unfortunately, no, I haven't gotten any responses -- same boat for me. Two weeks old, issue popped up all of the sudden. I tried rebooting and that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks, G

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I'm going to say it's hardware related and a warranty replacement is in order.

good luck

scottjlongaker

Reaction score
Exact same problem here/hear. On speaker it is fine, with headphones fine as well. This phone is not yet a month old. Does it need to be replaced?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome: If you have the exact same problem as the others, then it would only make sense that I would recommend the exact same solution.

Yes, get it replaced.

good luck

Martianboy76

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the same problem although it seems to come and go....still trying to find a solution myself because a trip to the store or a use of my insurance is not what I want to do, especially seeing that I'm not the only one with this exact problem. If anyone finds one please post! Otherwise it may be the HTC Thunderbolt for me next!

Martianboy76

Reaction score
I actually just put headphones in and took them out and it's working again...let's see how long this lasts!