NO ROOT PokeMon Go Joystick and Location Hack!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A few days back I covered a hack that allowed you to add a joystick and change your location in PokeMon Go. There are all kinds of reasons you wouldn't want to do this. You can be banned, you lose out on the "treasure hunt" aspect of actually roaming the neighborhood, you expel less calories, and you ruin the experience for those not cheating as you are able to level up and grow your PokeMon much faster. Still there are those of you that live in the middle of no where and no matter how far you walk you will never run into a Poke stop, or there are those of you who would love to hit the streets with everyone else but are handicapped and it is difficult to get out to play the game. Maybe you just don't want your kids roaming the street by themselves and you don't have time to walk with them while they play.

There are legitimate reasons you would want to do this. The method we covered a few days back required you to be rooted and have the xposed framework installed. There is a new method that does not require root at all! All you need is the "Fly GPS" app. Once you have the app installed go into your settings, developer options and choose this app for mock locations. Be sure high accuracy mode is on in location settings. Open Fly GPS, choose your location, tap the text box, run Fly GPS, run pokemon joystick. As you can see this method is super simple! Grab the app needed below. Unfortunately it looks like this works for Marshmallow and up only.

via Fly GPS

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Xposed gave you the ability to block Niantic from knowing you're cheating, is this method visable to them?

Sent from my Note 4

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
A side benefit...this may save some lives.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
A side benefit...this may save some lives.
I'd have to disagree. Pokemon GO is modern day Darwinism at work. Talk about killing two Pidgeys with one Geodude.

swerve1223

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
note 5
it does seem to allow you to play but does not actually let you catch anything or spin any pokestops. any idea on this?

swerve1223

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
note 5
this app seems to be very intermittent. sometimes it works and sometimes it works but won't let you get any pokestops stops or catch anything

Nianticn00b0

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've tried this but it says "Failed to detect location" please help!