no more unlimited data usage

Reaction score
with 90% of the phones at vzn needing a data plan now and most not even using one how much does everyone thing they will charge?

montyboy

Reaction score
with 90% of the phones at vzn needing a data plan now and most not even using one how much does everyone thing they will charge?

Simple economics - as high of a price point as the market will permit. I would think they may follow the AT&T model and eliminate "unlimited" all together.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
The only positive I see from this is VZ probably having to redo all existing unlimited data contracts. This could lead to phone upgrade opportunities or even a chance to opt out of a deal altogether with no penalty.

Although I see opportunity in this horrible information, who will be responsible when an unremovable system app on a VZ phone accesses mobile data unknowingly in the background and breaks the ceiling on your data plan?

Just something to ponder...

~ Droid ~

yungo845

Reaction score
most likely with the LTE rollout end of the year.. if you buy an 4g equipped phone probably

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I wish that Verizon would adopt the AT&T data plans. I use less than 200 MB a month and would love to have my data plan reduced to $15 monthly. The $30 fee is the only reason that my wife has not gotten a PDA phone and still uses her old Palm PDA and her old phone. If Verizon would go to $15 for 200 MB then we would both be able to have PDA phones for the same cost as we now pay. It's not worth it for us to spend another $30 for a data plan for her. I bet that at least 80% of customers are in the same boat as me.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I wouldn't take that bet. It's easy for data usage to mount up on a smartphone.
And I don't want my rate raised, thanks.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

david1pro

Reaction score
With Verizon advertising prebundled Blockbuster, they will have many pissed off customers if they then introduce tiered data. The idea that you should need wifi for blockbuster is ridiculous, because if you were near wifi, you'd probably also be near your laptop, and would watch the movie on the laptop's bigger screen... Blockbuster on the phone would be for those times when you are away from your wifi... and that will suck HUGE amounts of data - enough to blow any AT&T plan out of the water in a matter of one movie.

To switch to tiered data would be to say, "your phone comes with a free cake, but we're charging you extra for each use of the fork."

Reaction score

im just like you im always on my phone i would hate to see what my bill would be like it they changed everything they would have alot of unhappy people and lose alot of customers.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on the marketing people being on the same page as the people who make the business decisions about their pricing models for data.

It wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if they aggressively market a date-intensive app while changing their rates for data.

david1pro

Reaction score
Sadly, with AT&T having already done it, there's no real reason for Verizon peeps to fear anyone jumping to the AT&T ship.

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I swear, if Verizon follows AT&T I will switch to Sprint. I like my unlimited data. I would have no worries about running over. Plus, If I use 2gb to 100gbs, I payed for UNLIMITED and that's what I would expect from Verizon. In my opinion Verizon is doing good so far. I like Verizons service. I hope that they will keep up the good work. :)

TheOldFart

Reaction score

But I don't care about your rate, just as you don't care about mine. I would still bet that the vast majority of customers use up very little data a month and would jump at $15 per month. If I didn't hate AT&T and the iPhone so much, I would switch. Verizon might lose customers to AT&T because of their lower price for a PDA phone data plan. What would be perfect would be for Verizon to offer both a $15 200MB plan and the current unlimited plan.

Reaction score

But I don't care about your rate, just as you don't care about mine. I would still bet that the vast majority of customers use up very little data a month and would jump at $15 per month. If I didn't hate AT&T and the iPhone so much, I would switch. Verizon might lose customers to AT&T because of their lower price for a PDA phone data plan. What would be perfect would be for Verizon to offer both a $15 200MB plan and the current unlimited plan.

how little do you use your phone i mean i work and go to school so there are times i dont touch my phone and im at 499mb so i bet most need it to be unlimited just because how easy it is to run up. but if your not happy wit how it is right now why are you with vzn. i believe it would be a poor move and a big money/customer lose if they were to change it for the few who are unhappy

tameone

Reaction score
Umm.. Verizon has already specifically stated that they WILL be moving to a tier data plan structure with the LTE roll out. However, they clarified this by adding LTE data will be less expensive.. so hopefully this means we will not be priced out of a reasonable plan like on AT&T 3G.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

how little do you use your phone i mean i work and go to school so there are times i dont touch my phone and im at 499mb so i bet most need it to be unlimited just because how easy it is to run up. but if your not happy wit how it is right now why are you with vzn. i believe it would be a poor move and a big money/customer lose if they were to change it for the few who are unhappy

I am with Verizon because they are the only carrier that has 3G coverage every place that we travel to. We also never get dropped calls like we always did when we had AT&T years ago. You seem to be making a bad and unfounded assumption that I don't like Verizon, as I have never said that. I would just welcome any plan that will save me money, just as you would. I am retired and at home most of the time and can just be on my computer using RoadRunner. I use the phone while out shopping or traveling to check the weather, prices, restaurants, email, facebook, news, etc. I also read NubiNews while waiting at places like doctor's offices or whatever. My normal usage is about 150 MB a month, while my RoadRunner usage is normally over 10GB a month. People who I know who have Droids can't take them to work because of no camera policies. As I said, I don't care about your monthly costs, just as you don't care about mine. Fair enough.