Data plan help

Xemnova

Reaction score
I just got a Droid not to long ago. I was using the internet and my friend brought something up that scared me. All I want to know is if the data plan covers me using the 3g internet signal it gets to surf google and check my verizon account and such other things on its browser and facebook/talk applications on it. He said that on his enV touch they (he and his folks) called about the data plan and that it doesn't cover internet usage on it. I've emailed verizon about it and they say I have unlimited usage on the internet and email syncs although I know that there is a 5Gb cap on that usage. Can someone tell me exactly what the data plan covers me for so that I know what is going on for sure?

-Thanks for the help

warrior21

Reaction score
The data plan is for unlimited use so you don't have to worry about going over. I know some of the rooted guys have had concerns when it comes to tethering but I haven't seen anything posted where someone actually got charged extra.

OP
Xemnova

Xemnova

Reaction score
okay thank you. It puts my mind to rest knowing that I don't have to worry when I use the internet on my Droid now. I'm not sure what my friend was talking about then.