no more FoxFi?

69copo

Reaction score
I did a search in the play store for FoxFi to help a coworker out and its not there anymore. Anyone know where it went or how to port mine over to hers if that's even possible.

Reaction score
I can still find it but it is already installed as well. I don't like the idea of pirating the apk since it is in the play store so I'm not gonna tell you that. Try using the web version of the play store to see if you can find it without logging in.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you can't find it using the play store search try using app brain.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it has the app but you could check out the amazon app store.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Does your coworker have the Bionic like you? Not all phones are compatible with FoxFi. Try a google search of "FoxFi compatible phones" and you'll find some info out (For example Atrix is not supported and HTC phones only do Bluetooth).

OP
69copo

69copo

Reaction score
She is using an AT&T Samsung Droid. Not sure of the make but hers doesn't pull it up. Didn't know the play store loaded apps based on the phone.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't know the play store loaded apps based on the phone.

Yeah. Back when I had my OG Droid I wanted Bonsai Blast (a Zuma-like) game. It showed up on the Web Market, but not via the phone. Someone gave me the apk (it was free at the time) and it worked, but I figured that was why it wouldn't show up on the Droid. Now when I go to the Play Store it shows up on my Bionic.

It's a good thing they do that because you could be buying an app that won't work and you'll miss your refund window.

Last edited:

4saken

Reaction score
If im not mistaken i think at&t took it off there market you can download it from foxfi site.:biggrin:

bbucks36

Reaction score
if your phone is rooted pulll it from your phone using a root mananger tool..ie root explorer or root browser thru data>app>foxfi.apk..and push it to her phone onto sd-ext...or she can use a computer thru google play to push it onto her phone...or have someone upload with link... anyways foxfi blows IMO

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't like the idea of pirating the apk since it is in the play store so I'm not gonna tell you that.

How do you pirate something that's free to begin with?

Anyways, OP go here:

FoxFi Installer

It's the OFFICIAL FoxFi site, and there they have the apk that you can side load.

josh1980

Reaction score
How do you pirate something that's free to begin with?

Answers that I think I could justify:
1. I downloaded it from the Pirate Bay..Arrrrrr!
2. I didn't pay for it.
3. I didn't install it via the Play Store.
4. Very carefully.

Did I win?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
2. I didn't pay for it.
4. Very carefully.

Did I win?

2. It's free. You didn't have to pay for it. So, who cares where you get it? Unless the version has disabled the ads there is no lose of revenue for the developer, but people tend to turn those off with other apps, or disabling ad services.
3. Does that mean stuff obtained from 3rd party app stores like Amazon, app brain, or getjar is pirating?

So, again. How is it pirating when you obtain a FREE app, from another source?

bbucks36

Reaction score
She is using an AT&T Samsung Droid. Not sure of the make but hers doesn't pull it up. Didn't know the play store loaded apps based on the phone.

umm is this a new samsung ? older ones like captivate do not have a wifi hotspot...and yes google draws from type of phone and type of OS

bbucks36

Reaction score
2. I didn't pay for it.
4. Very carefully.

Did I win?

2. It's free. You didn't have to pay for it. So, who cares where you get it? Unless the version has disabled the ads there is no lose of revenue for the developer, but people tend to turn those off with other apps, or disabling ad services.
3. Does that mean stuff obtained from 3rd party app stores like Amazon, app brain, or getjar is pirating?

So, again. How is it pirating when you obtain a FREE app, from another source?

easy bro he was being sarcastic

Last edited: