no led notification when screen is on

theguy386

Reaction score
since updating to 2.1 i noticed that my led notification wouldnt come on when the phone was docked, but i brushed it off thinking it was a dock issue. just today i was on my phone checking random things online and i noticed i was getting notifications, but yet not LED action.
has anyone else had any problems with your led staying off when your screen is on, but led coming on when the screen is off?

Viper323

Reaction score
since updating to 2.1 i noticed that my led notification wouldnt come on when the phone was docked, but i brushed it off thinking it was a dock issue. just today i was on my phone checking random things online and i noticed i was getting notifications, but yet not LED action.
has anyone else had any problems with your led staying off when your screen is on, but led coming on when the screen is off?

Yes, I believe this is a "feature" they built into 2.1
Personally I'd rather have the LED always flash

Joker

Reaction score
I prefer this new feature as if the screen is on, the notification bar will have all the needed icons to alert already. The flashing LED would just be over kill IMO.

OP
T

theguy386

Reaction score
it comes in handy when you have applications that hide away the status bar

Brokn68

Reaction score
This is normal since the update, screen must be off to get the LED.

Thunder_PC

Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but has anyone found a "fix" for this. I've been looking high and low for a couple months, and can't find anything. It drives me nuts when my phone is docked! Heck, I'd even switch to an entire (2.2) rom just to get this working again ;)

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Need a LED FIX for this

agreed, i want my LED notifications to blink on all the time (or at least have the option for it to do)

this is one of the things i miss the most about my old blackberry...

Reaction score
Hmmm I dont know why we would NEED it to flash with the screen on. But I too Love my flshing LED lights. I just recently Found that with Handcent I can change my LED light color from green to red to blue to Cyan to Magenta or orange! I love this feature, And it has me Wondering why i never knew the droid had more than green and red, and why there is no option in the phone settings to change this... When do the colors like blue magenta and blue get used normally? Its not for messages or low battery obviously.