How do I shut off the LED notification for email???

kiangi

Reaction score
Every time I get a email the green LED light blinks. How do I shut this off? I want to set my phone to have the LED notification only for text mesages but I can't figure that one out either. I dont want to shut off the notification for the email, I just dont want that light to blink anymore. . HELP!!!!!

asperber

Reaction score
Download missed call, that app will allow you to choose which LED's you see and which color corresponds to each notification (email, text....)

M

Matth3w

As for your default programs, you can't turn this feature off. However, I use Handcent SMS for my texting (much better anyhow, imo) and you can go into notification settings and uncheck the box that says "blink LED" or something to that effect.

techguru

Reaction score
If your email is Gmail, there is a free app called Gmail Notifier that can control the LED, either turning it off or changing its color. Also can have different notifications by account if you have multiple Gmail accounts.

Doesn't work for other POP or Imap or Exchange mail though.

Missed Call recommended above doesn't seem to control email notifications. Calls and sms and calendar and lots of other stuff, but not email (it may group email with all other applications, which it can also control).

Alan

phantrik

Reaction score
As for your default programs, you can't turn this feature off. However, I use Handcent SMS for my texting (much better anyhow, imo) and you can go into notification settings and uncheck the box that says "blink LED" or something to that effect.
I do the same, its a great app, you can even control the color of the LED I believe...