1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

found way get bottom leds to turn off when docked

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by RyanS2000, Jan 10, 2010.

1. RyanS2000

RyanS2000 New Member

I don't know if this is old news or not but I found a way to do this. All you have to do is power off before docking and once docked it will power up docked without LED's on. However, if you go to the home screen and then back to clock\dock mode the LED's will light up. I noticed this when my phone died before bedtime and i put it on my nightstand to charge.
  2. RLJSlick

RLJSlick New Member

You're correct, that's cool to know, though it never really bothered me before.
  3. Mercuie

Mercuie New Member

It would be nice if you could control those led's separately in the settings. Sometimes mine don't turn on when i would like em too. But nice trick to know, thanks!
  4. joshua117

joshua117 New Member

Good to know, thanks
  5. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Nice find. On this topic, has anyone found a thread in Moto's support forums where we can go rant about this so they work on it? I'm saying Moto because it's their bug. If the button backlighting was specifically accessible by app code, a dev would have hacked this by now.
  6. lemodular

lemodular New Member

what bug?

BTW, thanks for the tip although the sometimes, I wish the LED is on before I connect to it so I can see the plug's orientation in the dark.
  7. moosc

moosc New Member

its a OS bug and hopefully fixed with the next update, moto is already aware of it.
  8. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Just calling it a bug because the dock app has two settings, bright and dim, and in the dim setting the four buttons remain backlit and about as bright by themselves as the screen is.

No sleeping complaints here, no aggro from the wife, just looks sorta dumb having all that light coming from a night mode. Not quite as dumb as Google Navigation not having a night mode, but it's a beta. Motorola appears to be past the beta phase.
  9. P8ntballer789

P8ntballer789 New Member

Awesome thanks! Been looking for a way to do that, i find those leds a pain. Maybe a future app or 2.1 future update?(fingers crossed)
Search tags for this page

smartphone hard to turn off ? bugged

turn off navigation lights droid