No Google Weather/ Google News widget?

searayman

Reaction score
Just got my droidx today and installed launcherpro on it right way. As I am tryign to get my homescreens how I had them on my droid I couldnt find the google weather or google news widgets. Does droidx not have them?

Is it possible to get them?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i think its only available for the stock home screen. try switching back to see if they are there

IMO, weatherbug is better for weather (i dont read news on my phone :) )

DroidX101

Reaction score
if you use any other home laucher, you will not be able to use the motrola widgets. I like the laucher pro, but I like to be able to resize the widgets.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you scroll down on the widgets list to News and Weather (as opposed to Google News and Weather)?

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought Beautiful Widgets for the weather widget.

Personally, I hate WeatherBug. Back in the day when it first came around, it was a great weather application. Sadly, they went the way of installing toolbars and tracking web browsing and all that behavior typically associated with trojans (back then) and malware/adware (as it is called currently) and I stopped using it. Because of that, I will NEVER use it again no matter what they do.

I don't allow any applications to burn me twice. :)

Anyway, Beautiful Widgets is well worth the $2 I paid for it.

chuk1005

Reaction score
you can also install the apk, I believe its on droid-life in the downloads section (genie news-weather).