No Aux in for '07 Honda

brianl543

Reaction score
I recently recieved my new Droid X and would like use car radio for music and GPS however my 2007 Honda does not have an aux input. What solutions are out there?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Could get an FM Transmitter.

It connects to the phone and sends out an FM signal, to say 99.3, so you would set your radio to 99.3 and it would play the sound from your phone.

rjm_27

Reaction score
I'm assuming it doesn't have Bluetooth either? I use that in my truck and it works great! No wires!

Being that it's an '07 it probably doesn't have a cassette player, but if it does you can go old school and get a cassette adapter that would plug into the headphone jack.

Besides that you might just have to go with the FM transmitter or just get a new radio. :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem with all the fm transmitter type devices, and I've tried a few, but not the one referenced above my post, is that as you drive around the frequency you selected will sooner or later get infringed upon and the sound goes to crap. Again, I've never tried the wired device.

What most people do is either change the car's head unit to one with a port or have a local car audio shop install one of the auxiliary mp3/3.5mm port units. They are little pricey, but provide very good audio over your car's head unit. Good luck.

George XX

Reaction score
Did you check the car manual. I didn't think I had one in my accord but it turned out to be in the middle storage unit between the driver's and passengers seat.

G_Neo

Reaction score
Im in the exact same position with my 02 Honda. There is no aux input. I have tried the cassette converters, fm modulators over the years and they are horrible. Here is the ultimate solution, its pricey, but also gives you a good foundation from which to add other after market items to your car audio system. You can also look at a lot of the sound processors for car audio available and they have aux inputs as well.
JL Audio CL441dsp CleanSweep® Sound processor for use when adding amps and speakers to a factory system at Crutchfield Signature

A second option is to get one of these nifty devices.Precision Interface Electronics HON98-AUX Connect a portable music player, satellite radio tuner, or DVD player to your factory Honda receiver! at Crutchfield.com
You loose either your cassette player or your cd changer, but hey, who plays tapes anymore anyway?

OP
B

brianl543

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - can anyone tell me if a 2007 Honda LX has a cassette setup to plug into?

soops

Reaction score
BT head unit for music listening

I'm assuming it doesn't have Bluetooth either? I use that in my truck and it works great! No wires!

Being that it's an '07 it probably doesn't have a cassette player, but if it does you can go old school and get a cassette adapter that would plug into the headphone jack.

Besides that you might just have to go with the FM transmitter or just get a new radio. :)

I have BT on my highlander but I don't think I can listen to music on it. Do you have to have the latest BT head unit/device to be able to do this?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - can anyone tell me if a 2007 Honda LX has a cassette setup to plug into?
If you have a cassette player then you do.
The adaptor you buy looks like a cassette with a cord coming out of the side, it's a 3.5mm and plugs into the headset jack of your phone.
Cassette Adaptor (I just did a general search and here was the results on Amazon).

I've used these for my MP3 player and my Droid 1. Works fine for me. Not the greatest, but it's just a car stereo.
I bought a rather expensive one at about $20, because I didnt' want to look around. If I had they had similar ones for $15 and even $10... but I'm happy with mine, I've been using it for about 3 years now on and off.

Reaction score
Motorolla t505. MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola

It's OK....its an FM Transmitter, so its only so good. But it gets you listening pretty quick and easy. Ive run it with my crappy LG ENV3 ( waiting on DroidX), and it is pretty decent. Speakerphone works fairly well too.

hoosiermama

Reaction score
I recently recieved my new Droid X and would like use car radio for music and GPS however my 2007 Honda does not have an aux input. What solutions are out there?

Are you sure? I have a 2007 Civic, and the aux input is down below the cigarette lighter. I almost missed it. It's nowhere near the radio.

Reaction score

Are you sure? I have a 2007 Civic, and the aux input is down below the cigarette lighter. I almost missed it. It's nowhere near the radio.

I have an 04 Accord, and yes, they do not have aux input. I think Accords didnt change till 08. I had an 06 Civic, and it had one...Yes I miss it...Nothing sounds as good as an aux jack.