No 3g or wifi. Phone won't connect.

Qball32

Reaction score
This seems to happen every day or two. I simultaneously loose my 3g, wifi, and phone services. Reboot fixes it every time. Completely stock with minimal Apps. I even restored the phone and left additional Apps off...... Still happens.

Guess I'll call Monday. They certainly will replace it, for the FIFTH time in 10 months.

I absolutely love my X, but need a phone that is dependable. I paid $200 dollars for this phone. I don't think I'm unreasonable in my expectation for it to work, without being replaced every 8 weeks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

vpogv

Reaction score
I was about to post a similar topic. Same problem here except it started after I SBF'd and threw on rooted GB. Every day or two a text won't send or a call won't go through and I will have to restart. I have since turned off the wireless and haven't had a problem in over 24hrs but only time will tell if it is related to wireless being enabled.

jebbasmith

Reaction score
I've noticed mine loses 3g after it wakes from being asleep for a long period of time. Reboot always fixes the problem. Only started after the last update. Anyone else?

Reaction score
This is a Gingerbread problem. The .596 kernel has an issue where it dumps your connection every so often (at random) and you have to reboot your phone to get it to work again.

Every GB-based ROM on the X, including the non-rooted OTA update, rooted GB, Liberty ROM, Apex, etc. all have this problem. There's nothing we can do about it except wait for another update or go back to FroYo.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola is aware of this issue, they are working on a patch with a new radio which will hopefully solve this issue. Its in testing now, so hopefully we can see a new OTA patch update soon.

Sometimes switching in and out of Airplane Mode can fix this.

barski

Reaction score
This seems to happen every day or two. I simultaneously loose my 3g, wifi, and phone services. Reboot fixes it every time. Completely stock with minimal Apps. I even restored the phone and left additional Apps off...... Still happens.

Guess I'll call Monday. They certainly will replace it, for the FIFTH time in 10 months.

I absolutely love my X, but need a phone that is dependable. I paid $200 dollars for this phone. I don't think I'm unreasonable in my expectation for it to work, without being replaced every 8 weeks!

5 is supposed to be the max junk phones you can get....then they will offer you a different device. if you want a newer phone, now is the time to get one for free and still keep your upgrade date.