Night vision mode?

Khiraji

Reaction score
I sometimes use my D2 as a navigation tool at night, and even with the screen on the lowest brightness setting it's still bright enough to screw with my night vision. I've been looking for a way to turn my screen red (a la Google Sky Map) system-wide, so that no matter what app I'm running it won't blast out my dark-attuned eyeballs. Apparently CM7 has a setting for doing this (render modes)? I've never loaded CM7 on my D2, but I've been hearing the name "Cyanogen" ever since I came on board the Great Ship Android over a year ago.

My question is: does functionality like this exist somewhere as a standalone app, or should I just bite the bullet and load up the latest CM7? The only reason I hesitate to do that is I just finished a full re-build of my phone (interface, apps, contact linking, etc) and re-doing all of that, even with Titanium Backup, is a pain in the ass that I'd kinda like to avoid. If there's no other way, fine, I'll deal with it - and I've heard nothing but great things about CM7 - but it'd be nice if there were an app to do this. Currently on rooted OTA GB.