Major Problems?

Aksus

Reaction score
Installed CM7 build 21 last night. Today I was having problems with apps not wanting to download from the Market.
After fooling around and some googling I erased my SD card via the OS (probably a bad idea on my part)

Now my phone hangs at the CM7 boot screen and just repeats, no matter what I do. I've tried re-flashing CM7 21 and 22, nothing works.

No clue where to go from here I've tried pretty much everything I could find on google.

Please help :(

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Before u flashed CM7 did u make a backup? If so you can always go back to it through Nandroid

Sent from my D1

OP
A

Aksus

Reaction score
Backup was on the SD, which I erased :/

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well, let me start by welcoming you to the forum. i hope you stick around. (if you do, chances are that things like this won't happen in the future... ;))

i'm not exactly sure where to start, but maybe start with formatting your sdcard. then, mount your phone to your pc thru the partitions menu in recovery (assuming you're using CWM). re-download the rom to your sdcard, and try to reflash it. hopefully that will get you back up and running...

OP
A

Aksus

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome :)
Pretty amazed at how fast you guys respond here, so I probably will be sticking around.

If I format the SD it should be as FAT32, correct? Not sure if Disk Utility can do that since I'm on a mac, but I'll give it a shot.

Downloading a stock ROM atm, hopefully that will work.

EDIT: Fellow Huskers fan, awesome.
EDIT2: Flashed a stock Sense ROM, same thing is happening but at the Droid eye boot screen. Just hangs.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Huskers in da house!! signing day tomorrow!

are you flashing thru Rom Mgr, or are you doing a manual install in recovery? did you wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, and go into partitions menu and format boot and format system before flashing the rom??

OP
A

Aksus

Reaction score
I tried all of that, perhaps not before flashing, may have been after.
I'll try that and reflash.

Edit: and recovery

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you wiped after flashing, you just did away with the OS you had just installed. that would certainly explain the boot loop.

here is the process i use, and it never fails. but, PLEASE NOTE i am on a D1, not the Inc. i don't know if the process is any different - i don't think it is, but it would be worth checking around in the Incredible Hacking section to make sure.

1. backup your apps with TiBu (or thru Astro)
2. create a backup/nandroid of your current rom (so you have something to fall back on if you experience any serious problems flashing a new rom)
3. boot into recovery
4. wipe data/factory reset
5. wipe cache
6. go into partitions menu, and format boot and format system.
7. install rom zip from sdcard
8. reboot
IMPORTANT – after you sign into Google, and Google syncs all of your data, do not use your phone until the market completely downloads all your apps. let it complete the process before flashing any themes, kernels, whatever
9. boot into recovery
10. flash theme (if you desire something other than stock)
11. reboot
12. boot into recovery
13. flash kernel (if you want something other than the stock kernel)
14. reboot
15. enjoy!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I think you blew up either his computer or brain

Ah well.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G