next nexus device?

c_mack9

Reaction score
when and what is the next nexus device? should i go ahead and buy the galaxy nexus or wait til something new comes out? i'm getting tired of my bionic and waiting for ics while the nexus devices are rolling out jellybean.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
next nexus device, not sure. The way that Verizon handled this Nexus, I wouldn't even count on them getting another one. That's just me though.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
From what i have read and these are rumors there will be 5 nexus devises coming out later this year. I do not know if that means one for each carrier or what. And they said that they would be out in October. Like i said this is a rumor i am not saying this is fact

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
jgmecarter said:
From what i have read and these are rumors there will be 5 nexus devises coming out later this year. I do not know if that means one for each carrier or what. And they said that they would be out in October. Like i said this is a rumor i am not saying this is fact

I have heard this too. Maybe the Nexus 7 and the Nexus Q count. Perhaps the Nexus 7 counts as two since it comes in two amounts of storage. Perhaps they have a new phone with two amounts of storage coming.

If the rumor is true about Google only selling their phones directly, then the chances of a Verizon version would be extremely slim.

Edit So to really answer the OP squestion, if you plan on staying on Verizon, the Galaxy Nexus is probably going to be the only Nexus on big red for a while.

Last edited:

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Gotta also ask yourself - will I need a more powerful device???

Outside of the stock battery & basically non-existent vibration/speakers....this phone is a marvel. Only thing that could make me jealous would be....a much bigger speaker and better stock battery!

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I would just go yo a for sale thread on android central or something and get the current nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
when and what is the next nexus device? should i go ahead and buy the galaxy nexus or wait til something new comes out? i'm getting tired of my bionic and waiting for ics while the nexus devices are rolling out jellybean.

I'm totally with you. I've been getting more and more problems with my Bionic these past few weeks and am just done with it, I think. I was thinking about waiting for the RAZR HD, but I'm kinda looking at the Nexus as well... Only thing is, I don't know if I want a Samsung phone. The rumor I heard about the next Nexus was that there would be 5 different manufacturers for it, so Moto might be getting in on the action. I'm not sure if I can wait till Oct-Dec for it, though. Have you decided what you were gonna do?

npro1464

Reaction score
I'm totally with you. I've been getting more and more problems with my Bionic these past few weeks and am just done with it, I think. I was thinking about waiting for the RAZR HD, but I'm kinda looking at the Nexus as well... Only thing is, I don't know if I want a Samsung phone. The rumor I heard about the next Nexus was that there would be 5 different manufacturers for it, so Moto might be getting in on the action. I'm not sure if I can wait till Oct-Dec for it, though. Have you decided what you were gonna do?

Yeah. The more and more I think about it, the more I want a Nexus as my next device. I have the Galaxy S3 on pre-order, but I might just cancel it or return it. I dont mind that Ill have to pay more for the device, it will make it easier to justify leaving Verizon entirely and going with a prepaid Nexus. I hate the fact that the Nexus is already getting Jelly Bean but my Thunderbolt hasnt even updated to ICS yet. I suspect the GS3 wont be any better with updates.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah. The more and more I think about it, the more I want a Nexus as my next device. I have the Galaxy S3 on pre-order, but I might just cancel it or return it. I dont mind that Ill have to pay more for the device, it will make it easier to justify leaving Verizon entirely and going with a prepaid Nexus. I hate the fact that the Nexus is already getting Jelly Bean but my Thunderbolt hasnt even updated to ICS yet. I suspect the GS3 wont be any better with updates.
I agree with combatmedic870.Yes your gonna have to come on over and eat some deserts and plz be sure to bring some insulin,cos your sugar is gonna get high. :D

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I want a Nexus, but I don't know if I wanna leave the Moto brand. I'm hoping Moto will be one of the 5 rumored Nexuses this year. I knew, doubtful, but a girl can dream right? I'll suffer with this Bionic and its terrible battery a bit longer, I guess. I do want do what I did with this phone and make a brash purchase again.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Lakilaulea said:
I want a Nexus, but I don't know if I wanna leave the Moto brand. I'm hoping Moto will be one of the 5 rumored Nexuses this year. I knew, doubtful, but a girl can dream right? I'll suffer with this Bionic and its terrible battery a bit longer, I guess. I do want do what I did with this phone and make a brash purchase again.

Moto makes good phones, but htc & Sammy do as well. I've never had a moto phone, but wouldn't let that put me off if they built a must have phone that was a nexus device. I also wouldn't let the fact that its a nexus device make that an automatic purchase. I waited for the gnex and it turned out not to be the phone for me. I ended up with the rezound & couldn't be happier. Slow 'official' software updates is a bit annoying, but its something I can accept.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm so hooked on Nexus I just can't imagine going back to anything else. I don't care who makes it or what carrier it's on! DancingNexus

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score

still debating. i really like moto and the newest version of blur that is on the bionic but it pisses me off to no end that i waited for nearly a year to get this uberphone that was completely over shadowed a few weeks later and now moto acts like the razr is the only phone in their lineup. f em.