Next Android phone with physical keyboard?

supremekizzle

Reaction score
Anybody been hearing any news on an android device that is going to be on par with the incredible but with a physical keyboard? I know it might be too early to wonder about motorola but what about any other manufacturer? I would love an Incredible but i cant part with the keyboard. If anyone has seen any news please post links.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to a site like Phandroid and browse the phones section.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Just me... but I thought I'd really prefer the physical keboard on the Droid... but now I barely ever use it... Really used to the virtual now.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The real question is what's the next Android phone with a good physical keyboard?

armeddroid

Reaction score
Aside from the new Dell phones. They will have a physical keyboard.
And they are running Androind 2.1. with Hulu App, Flash 10.1 etc etc

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Whatever happens I hope manufacturers don't start getting the idea we all love virtual keyboards. I'll admit that I've gotten quite used to the Droid's virtual keyboard and use it often as well but I still love using the physical one when on long texting/chat sessions and/or typing out long mails. I understand there's a tendency to leave it off for a "sleeker" design but I'm a guy, all my stuff doesn't have to be slim and sleek. Real men like clunky, bulky, boxy things, which is why they go for trucks and muscle cars. :biggrin:

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
I would think it would be at least a year before Motorola came out with the next generation Droid. Not too early for us that have the older one to be too anxious, yet soon enough to not be left behind by the competitors.

I am disappointed that Moto came out with that Devour. Who the heck would want a lesser version of a Droid? I don't think that phone will be around long at all.

HTC seems to have pretty good momentum with their phones, so I hope Moto is working on something. And I hope it will have a physical keyboard.

rgn2000

Reaction score
I would think it would be at least a year before Motorola came out with the next generation Droid. Not too early for us that have the older one to be too anxious, yet soon enough to not be left behind by the competitors.

I am disappointed that Moto came out with that Devour. Who the heck would want a lesser version of a Droid? I don't think that phone will be around long at all.

HTC seems to have pretty good momentum with their phones, so I hope Moto is working on something. And I hope it will have a physical keyboard.

I think the lifespan for a phone is usually 2 years because of the contracts so I would not expect a Droid 2 2nd half of 2011, but then again I think 1 year contracts are getting more popular as I did a 1 year for the first time. I would love a Droid 2 by the end of the year, but unless we hear something soon or see some "leaked" shots soon, I would say it isn't going to happen.

I think the Storm 1 was out close to 2 years before the Storm 2 came out, but I am not sure. It had to be at least 1 1/2 years anyways.

Darkseider

Reaction score
The new Dells as well as the Moto Shadow/Mirage (which is rumored to be the Nexus 2)

iPirate

Reaction score

It is cheaper and aimed more towards teen females, it has a lot of social stuff...

HTC is ****ting out **** phones constantly, the difference between their phones is 1 or 2 things but they are nearly all the same cookie cutter

Motorola is doing it correctly, release a good phone that you have put a lot of effort into making perfect. I'm not getting another phone till Dec 2011 so I don't mind if Motorola takes their time and releases another amazing phone :motdroidvert: