Newest Chromecast Update Brings No New Features but Includes 'Maintenance Updates'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chromecast-front-angle.jpg

The Chromecast is getting a new update to build 13300. It is described primarily as a "maintenance update" and doesn't really add any new features. Here's a quote with the details,

The Chromecast device has been updated to build 13300. This update will be rolled out over the next week, and you should receive the update automatically. The update is largely a maintenance release, and contains the following changes:
  • Kernel update
  • Security fixes
  • Robustness improvements
  • Security enhancements
More information about the Chromecast device is available on the Chromecast site.

Roshan Baliga
Google Chromecast

Source: Google Chrome Releases Blog via GoogleTVForum.org

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only feature it needs is NFL. Until then Im Good with it as is. Really all it needs are maitnx fixes.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
NFL + better working with videos on your machine. And YouTube could be smoother.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
NFL + better working with videos on your machine. And YouTube could be smoother.

Youtube works like butter for me. Now every now and then i get a no connection error.
But i am sure there are people like you who may run into some minor issues with YouTube fixing that benefits all of us.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Yeah for me just recently. Last 2 days. I've been getting an error that says it didn't connect. But it plays the video I just can't control it. Meh still plays it lol.