Newby on Droid Forum GoodTechRWW

GoodTechRWW

Reaction score
This is only the 2nd or 3 time I have ever messaged a forum. RWW is my initials. I'm looking for a job right now and don't have a lot of time to spill my guts about my life. I have just recently completed the CompTIA A+ Hardware PC Technician Certificiation. I have actually worked in Engineering in the past for the US ARMY AS A CIVILIAN. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account AND I AM NOT INTERESTED IN GETTING ONE.

My reason for getting on this forum is because I will probably have to know a lot more about phones than I currently know. I just want to root my Verizon phone that I use on Straight Talk Wireless.

My question is, do you have to buy a extra battery charger just to root a phone? Is this really necessary? There were way to many steps just to get onto this forum for my taste. That may be because I really need to be job hunting, but I need to get my tech stuff done also. Can anyone fill me in on the rooting process in the most simplified way?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

No charger is needed at all to be able to root a rootable phone. No idea where the extra charger idea could have come from.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site and good luck with the job hunt. DancingNexus

heibetiamu

Reaction score
Welcome! For your question, no, there's no need to buy extra charger to root the phone.