Newbs

rissman1275

Reaction score
Well my name is Kyle and I am on this site to figure out what I should do. I started with verizon about 4 years ago and started with the motorola Qm9. They lured me in from sprint when the offered me the phone for nothing. I don't know if it was past its life at that point or not(Qm9), but got me to switch to verizon. Then shortly after that the blackberry storm came out, and I wanted to move to that, but was still early in my new every two contract so had to wait. Once I was able to get the storm, for free, it was out to date, and once again I was stuck in another contract. I hate the storm, my new every two isn't up until May and I can't take it anymore. So leaves me to this, I am ready to buy the droid x and worried that as soon as I do it is going to be left for dead as soon as buy it. I have heard really good things about it and it is at a price I can afford. Will this suit my needs for the next two years. Or should I wait for 2-3 months and see what is coming out, and pay the extra coin to purchase the latest and greatest. Wish me luck...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its all a matter of personal needs and wants for your phone. The X is a great piece of hardware but probably will be reaching its end of life very shortly. If it is a matter of not wanting to pay the new contract price I think Verizon is doing a huge promotion on their current Droid lineup.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Welcome to the forum. The Droid X is a nice phone. If your looking to get into rooting and rom's, then the X is the phone. If your looking for the latest and greatest, then wait. Good luck . . .

Swyped from a Droid

OP
R

rissman1275

Reaction score
Update... So last night I was in the verizon store looking at the DX and she talked me out of buying it. They are really pushing the TB, but if I am going to wait until may I was thinking about the Bionic. Now the problem with that is that it has an ecrypted bootloader so no getting into roms an rooting and stuff like that. I have never done stuff like that, and don't even own a droid yet, but I am definatly interested since joining this page. One last thing she kept saying 4G... 4G... yeah great if your area has it, but I live in the sticks and don't see us getting 4G anytime soon. I do work in the city so it would be useful during work, but don't think it would make that big of difference. Also if I bought the DX.. and then got into rooting and roms... and OC wouldn't that be just as fast as, or close, to dual processors?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can still install roms (imo liberty is the best) and OC and almost anything you want to do with the X. Its a very stable device and pretty programmer friendly