Sinjuneagle

Reaction score
Had my Droid for about a month and still finding things out about it. My greatest problem has been with the phone. Otherwise the thing is great. I figure I will keep messing with it till I figure it out. Sinjuneagle

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. What problem are you having with your phone? Maybe we can help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you post your issue the community will assist

Mike

OP
S

Sinjuneagle

Reaction score
I have two problems with the phone. One answering it and when I finish with a call the screen never comes back to turn it off. It just stays black no matter what I do.

OP
S

Sinjuneagle

Reaction score
Right now I am still trying to figure out how to reply. I have never been on a list like this before.

As I said earlier I have trouble answering the phone and when I finish a call the screen does not come back to turn it off sometimes. It just stays black until it gets ready to reappear. All the time I am still connected.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have two problems with the phone. One answering it and when I finish with a call the screen never comes back to turn it off. It just stays black no matter what I do.

That is strange. I have not experienced this particular issue so I'm not sure how to advise. It is my understanding that the sensors in the phone control the screen during phone calls. If that is the case then my senses is your phone has a faulty component, therefore, I think a call or visit to VZW is your best option.

I wish I had a better recommendation. Please let us know how you resolve.

Mike

OP
S

Sinjuneagle

Reaction score
The fact that the screen goes black and is difficult to bring back to life has gone on since I got the phone. However, now it has gotten to the point it does not want to come back. In fact the phone is dead for all purposes but it is not turned off and the call is still connected. I guess I am going to have to take it in this to VZW. I sure would hate to have to set up another phone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand you not wanting to go through the set up process but it appears you have had a defective phone since day one and the only solution may be a replacement. If it comes to that I would ask the folks at VZW that when the replacement arrives if you bring in both phones if they can perhaps connect the two and copy from the old to the new.

Mike

OP
S

Sinjuneagle

Reaction score
Good idea. When I took my old Razar in they copied all my phone numbers on to the Droid and that was a relief since I many, many numbers. And of course it would be much easier to set it up since I have been messing with it for a month now. What does concern me is that I have paid for one program and would hate to have to pay for it again. Oh well I will just have to wait and see. I have copied pictures off of it to my desktop so they would not be lost.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any app that you pay for is associated with your Google account. Therefore, when you active a new phone the apps you already purchased will follow and download.

Mike

OP
S

Sinjuneagle

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I read yesterday about hold the answer button down till the green dot appeared on the other side of the phone before sliding to answer. I tried it and it seems to work. It seems that since I started doing that the phone is not misbehaving with the face not lighting. Lets see what happenes tomorrow. Seriously I really appreciate the info.