Newbie with Droid on the Way....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Dhall243, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Dhall243

Dhall243 New Member

Hello to everyone, just figured id tell you a few things about me, Im 18 from a small town in WV called lenore, I am currently an iPhone 3g owner as of 11/17 i should have a Droid A855 in my hands, I ordered my phone online from verizon due to the fact that it was cheaper on purchase instead of having to wait for the $100 MIR. I was going to purchase my phone from Walmart seeing that it was $188 dollars on a 2yr but for some reason they couldnt get my information to go through the computer. Before anyone jumps the gun on me and says its in my parents name or i dont pay my bills i will tell you ahead of time that I do in which pay my bills and both of my phone contracts are in my name. I chose the droid and verizon because of service from att sucks around my house. I have to drive almost 20miles to get service or to the top of the strip mines. I wont lie. I love my iphone but hate att if i could go back to the beginning of this year i would have just got a razr from verizon and just upgraded. Why apple didnt pick a better service provider i am clueless of. But i do hope you welcome me to the site and that i do like my new A855.
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Great to have you here Dhall.

The iPhone is a great phone no doubt. When you get the Droid it will take some adjusting because you are going to have to learn a whole new OS but hopefully with the help of these forums the transition will be smooth for you.

Enjoy your stay and welcome..
  3. Dhall243

Dhall243 New Member

Ive got a question, For people who had dropped your AT&T Contract, Did you lose the deposit you posted or did you get that back, that is if you rightfully paid the contract off?
  4. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Welcome To DroidForums! :greendroid:

I actually came from AT&T, since im doing an early termination i dont think im getting that little deposit back =/
  5. sir

sir New Member

Welcome :)

Apple actually talked with Verizon about the iPhone first, and Verizon opted not to make a contract with them for some reason. Apple then went to AT&T and they struck up a deal.

I moved from AT&T and I am not getting the deposit back, and I'm paying the early termination fee ($175 - (5$ * (number of months into contract)) = $100 for me.

I hope the Droid makes your life easier, gives you better service, and fulfills your need as a phone and as a smart device. We're here if you need anything!
  6. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

@Sir
    Yeah mine was $150, it wasnt pretty :icon_evil:
  7. sir

sir New Member

ouch! i figured the 100$ rebate was enough to offset the termination fee, so I jumped on it.
  8. Dhall243

Dhall243 New Member

What sucks the most is that AT&T wanted a $500 deposit from me in which i paid. I think i may just pay my bill up until feb. so i can get it back.
  9. Dhall243

Dhall243 New Member

Phone should be here today.....waiting and waiting.....Its killing me....