Newbie Phone Question...

JoeOxfordCT

Reaction score
Hi,
Be gentle with me...this is my first smartphone. When I'm on the phone and the call ends, my screen is blank. I have to hit the power button to get the screen to power up so I can hit the red button to end the call ? I'm sure there's a better way to end a call ??

While I'm at it. I have my haptic feedback set to on but it does not work using the virtual keyboard ? Can I change this ?

mrpush

Reaction score
Hi,

I too noticed this issue. Also, a couple times the calls ended for me, the blank screen NEVER went away. The power button was usless. I had to remove the battery.

I think phone screen should come back on at the end of calls. Android, please fix!

MP

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I too noticed this issue. Also, a couple times the calls ended for me, the blank screen NEVER went away. The power button was usless. I had to remove the battery.

I think phone screen should come back on at the end of calls. Android, please fix!

MP

Mr P,

The proximity sensor takes over I believe. When I am on the phone. My screen is off. When I move it away from my head the screen shows up and I push the red end call button. I haven't seen it stay black yet, but that seems like it's getting stuck or not sensing you have moved to phone away. How does it work on BT? I'll test that later and get back here :)

mrpush

Reaction score
Miami,

When I experience what Joe is talking about, I have the phone to my head, and the proximity sensor turns off the display like it should.

I have done some quick tests.

1.) with the phone LOCKED when the call came in

2.) With the phone UNLOCKED when the call came in.

In #2, I got it to mess up, and the screen stayed black after the called party hung up & I took the phone away from my head.

I put the phone back to my head for a moment, then took it away again, it the display came back on.

My tests seem hit and miss however.

Thanks,

MP

Droider

Reaction score
The widespread reports of calls where, regardless of the proximity features, the screen lock kicks in while on the call and then the screen won't come back on after the call even using the power button. In these cases, you can't even hangup. You have to hope the other party hangs up in a timely fashion. And as mrpush mentioned, you might have to take the battery out to get unstuck.

I would be surpised if this isn't on the list of issues that Motorola/Verison are working on for the December update.

doridew

Reaction score
What's the best way to store Frequently called numbers so I don't have to scroll through all my contacts each time to call them? i set up a folder on my Droid but can't figure out how to fill the folder?the

bomber889

Reaction score
What's the best way to store Frequently called numbers so I don't have to scroll through all my contacts each time to call them? i set up a folder on my Droid but can't figure out how to fill the folder?the

You can click on the contact, star it, and it will show up in your favorites

Reaction score
Grave digger, this could be the oldest example yet.... hm. And also off topic. I have no help for you, just figured I'd point that out :).