Newbie needs help

badgers4me

Reaction score
First I have reading these forums even before I got my DroidX a couple weeks ago, lots of information. I have searched and can't seem to find these issues, please any help would be great.

1. When I get some text messages, they appear to be multimedia I do not get the picture, I get the sound but a get a generic picture. Does not seem to happen all the time, just on certain texts. When I forward them to someone, they get the picture and the sound. Do I have a setting wrong?

2. When I get a message it says "Droid" I still love that, but it only says it once, it flashes the light, but if I miss the first alert and my phone is laying down it never alerts again. I have been through the seeting multiple times and I do not see where I can change it.

Thanks in advance and once again great forum for an old dog trying to learn new tricks

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Never heard of #1 happening, but maybe it will be fixed by my solution to #2. Download Hancent SMS and use that for text messaging. It will let you customize the text sound, the text led color, how many times/often it should go off, etc. If you do that be sure to go into the default Messaging client and turn off notifications or you will get them doubled.